IGNORED

Here we go again........

DragonRider

I had to bail out of work today, been having pain and discomfort under my ribcage. It has been going on for 3-4 days and getting worse, I didnt think it was my heart, I just had a stress test a couple of months ago and everything was fine, Dr. seems to believe its my gall bladder, sent me for an ultra sound. Dont have the results yet, but I hope they get back to me quickly, Every time if flares up it gets worse and last longer.......and I had a work day scheduled to work on the 83, we were gonna put the motor back in the frame and start putting her back in one piece, now it may be on hold for a little while.........sometimes life really SUCKS!!!!:buttkick:

I had to bail out of work today, been having pain and discomfort under my ribcage. It has been going on for 3-4 days and getting worse, I didnt think it was my heart, I just had a stress test a couple of months ago and everything was fine, Dr. seems to believe its my gall bladder, sent me for an ultra sound. Dont have the results yet, but I hope they get back to me quickly, Every time if flares up it gets worse and last longer.......and I had a work day scheduled to work on the 83, we were gonna put the motor back in the frame and start putting her back in one piece, now it may be on hold for a little while.........sometimes life really SUCKS!!!!:buttkick:

If it's the right side, it's very likely the gall bladder. :080402gudl_prv:

I hate to hear that. You better wait for the doctors to fix the first antique (you) or there will be no reason to fix the second antique (the first gen). :Bunny:

I hope they find the problem and it's not serious.

I know you hate having to put things off now that your on a roll with your Venture. But dont worrie. After you get your Doc"s OK I take you on another punishing ride like we did last Saturday.:rotf: Your to close to finishing your bike now. I be over there to help as soon as you feel up to it. Once we get the motor back in the frame its all gravy after that. Take care of yourself buddy.

Try a natural remedy for gallbladder problems if you can stand the texture. Virgin olive oil starting with one tablespoon and working up to 1/4 cup in grapefruit juice every morning first thing. If nothing else it will clean you out.:rotfl::D

Lay off the fats for a while. Bile in the Gall breaks down fats and if the duct is plugged it has no where to go... Makes it painful. Fatty meats and Dairy in particular. You should get news soon. I hope you feel better.

[quote=Bones;678635

]Lay off the fats for a while. Bile in the Gall breaks down fats and if the duct is plugged it has no where to go... Makes it painful. Fatty meats and Dairy in particular. You should get news soon. I hope you feel better..

Well Lewis, that just about sums up everything you like ..you cant have..

Dairy in particular..(DQ)..:whistling:.

Sure hope you find out the real cause my friend and that it is able to be a qucik cure..

Summer is here and you dont need to be laid up another year..

I had that same pain a couple months ago and went to the emergency.

They did EKG , xrays and all kinds of fun stuff. turned out to be pleurisy (sp?)

They say that will happened of you ever had bronchitis and that causes

scaring and the the pleurisy will set in on that.. make since? :think:

TREATMENT: was go home and take 600 ml Advil every 4 hours

for pain . my pain was on the right upper side under ribs. man it hurt

to breath.

Hope you get better soon.

Jeff

Its a waiting game now, stayed home from work today so I dont have another flare up while I am working, as long as they dont put me in the hospital over the weekend the work day is still on.............keeping my fingers crossed for a quick end to this ad Venture..........

Going to stray a little from this post. I also picked up the rest of my gaskets and o rings from the stealer ( and I mean that in all honesty), one of the o rings didnt come in for the water pipe from the pump to the thermostat, so I told them not to reorder, I stopped by my local Ace Hardware store and found the exact same o rings for .$.59 each, the dealer was charging me $16.93 for 2, so I will be going back for a refund on the missing one. That is outrageous for 2 small o rings. The larger o ring for the thermostat was only $3.00 and the water pump gasket was $6.75...........really dont understand how they price things the way they do, but from now on, if its not something that has to come from Yamaha, I will be going to Ace for them.

On the ring Lew I would want to take them both back. You need the set and can get it elsewhere. Tell them one doesn't do you any good.

On the belly. When you tried to tell me the other day what was going on I thought Gall Bladder. You remember what a time I had with mine? When they finally decided to remove it they couldn't find it!1 It had rotted away. Not a fun way to get rid of it and the Pancrease problems it caused almost killed me. Getting that thing cleared up was the best thing thats happened to me for a while. They still did Gall Bladder operation but couldn't find anything. Infection in pancrease caused by pieces of rotten gall bladder getting in there almost got me. A week diet of Ice Chips once a day will shed a few pounds!! I was too sick to eat for about a week before I went in but I can eat anything I can catch now!!

Will be praying for you.

I do vaguely remember that problem you had.........glad it got better for you, right now I am feeling pretty good, but havent eaten much yet.......but when I do it, watch out. As for the o rings, I think I will take the one back and get a total refund on them if I can, they will probably want to charge me a restocking fee, I know I will get at least a full refund on one...........lesson learned, there are other sources for some parts instead of getting raped at the stealers!!!!!! Its surprising what you can find at Lowe's, Home Depot, and Ace, that will work. At the price they were charging me for 1, I could have bought 18 at Ace.:bang head::bang head:

On the ring Lew I would want to take them both back. You need the set and can get it elsewhere. Tell them one doesn't do you any good.

On the belly. When you tried to tell me the other day what was going on I thought Gall Bladder. You remember what a time I had with mine? When they finally decided to remove it they couldn't find it!1 It had rotted away. Not a fun way to get rid of it and the Pancrease problems it caused almost killed me. Getting that thing cleared up was the best thing thats happened to me for a while. They still did Gall Bladder operation but couldn't find anything. Infection in pancrease caused by pieces of rotten gall bladder getting in there almost got me. A week diet of Ice Chips once a day will shed a few pounds!! I was too sick to eat for about a week before I went in but I can eat anything I can catch now!!

Will be praying for you.

My better half was having stomach issues. They kept syaing Gall Bladder did test all that stuff. Finnaly took it out and a few days later she still had same problems. Truned out best we could figure underlying problem was a Glutin tollerance. Some peeps are alergic to it and cant eat it at all. She just has to watch how much and how often. So for like 3 months it was no bread, pasta, baked goods just about anything with flour has glutin. It was ruff but squared her out. Hope you get to feeling better.

On the O ring front I ran into the same kind of deal on my Kawasaki. I was checking valves and there is a tube theat goes around the plug, thru the head to keep oil where it should be. Well one of the O rings got pinched and caused an oil leak. First off the dealer wanted $8-10 for it and I was going to have to wait 3 days or something. I went to Home Depot and found one for less than a buck. Sometimes though in a high heat situation the O ring might be a different composition of rubber. Shoot even NAPA or your local parts house should have a tray or something of O rings. At least we did when I worked in a parts house, it was a couple of boxs that sort of looked like tackle boxs.