IGNORED

new scooter in the shed

massey130

a few weeks ago a friend of ours who has/had a 2000 zuki 800 intruder decided to sell. Deb was talking to her friend when she mentioned it was for sale and a couple potential buyers were looking. we talked and then made a higher offer that was comfortable for both us and our friend. she knew we like the bike and we were the highest bid - so the deal was struck. Debbie has an Intruder and I have the RSV. I put in a new battery and drained the tank. put in fresh gas w/sea foam and it cranked right up and I went for a ride. it is cold natured but it is a fun bike. It feels like a toy after riding the RSV, but it is responsive and fun. I scraped the left peg - I did not realize I was that far over but it was fun. we are the 2nd owners and we just hit the 5 thousand mile mark on it.

I have heard that they are great tires, not sure on cost, a light bike like that could run a Dunlap 404 also good tires...check JakeWilson.com for great tire prices and great service...I have had very good luck with them and they just replaced a bad tire for me..

yea, we need to. I still need to clean my RSV carbs, but until Debbie gets her endorsememt, I am riding the 800. we do need tires for it - any ideas - I looked at the Mich commanders - seem ok enough

while some folks don't like the Dun 404 for the RSV, I had a set that come on it and seemed fine. good mileage too. I will look at the tread pattern again and compare to the Mich commander II - about a hundred or so bucks rear and a bit less on front w/free shippin.

I had an 86 model 700 for a while just out of High school, a nice ride. Only bad point that I recall was a weight distribution/rake or something a bit goofy like that, while parking at certian steering angles the front wheel was likely to want to roll BACKWARD and that made for a tricky catch or an embarrising tipover

I had an 86 model 700 for a while just out of High school, a nice ride. Only bad point that I recall was a weight distribution/rake or something a bit goofy like that, while parking at certian steering angles the front wheel was likely to want to roll BACKWARD and that made for a tricky catch or an embarrising tipover

so, it is not just me. I took off the front left blinker lens a week ago cause of this. I now have to watch that one glitch. you can learn to make that work for you.

Nice lookin' scoot

thanks, it will be shine -ee-er when we can clean it up. lots of rust on the chrome and corrosion elsewhere. dirt on the paint - that kind of thing. been riding it dirty. too much to do n not enuf hours in a month.