Has anyone had their gas cap come apart? I lost a screw most likely in the tank that I,ll have to get out . The other was still there but really loose. anyway the springs in it came out and I wanted to know if anybody knew where they went.

Has anyone had their gas cap come apart? I lost a screw most likely in the tank that I,ll have to get out . The other was still there but really loose. anyway the springs in it came out and I wanted to know if anybody knew where they went.

Yep I had mine come apart the same way. Used a snall magnet to get out the screw

Guess it is about time to let all the new folks know :backinmyday: that RED Loc-tite is in order!!! :cool10::cool10::cool10:

When Marilyn's came apart on her vstar, I just took mine apart on my RSV and and saw how everything went and rebuilt hers in the parking lot.

So, I guess I am saying...find someone close and get them to come buy and you can reverse build yours.

It's not so bad with a working one sitting there. Just for giggles my cap fit her vstar.

It took me an hour but I finally realized I had the parts that move when you turn the key put in wrong. All in all still a pain to hold together with spings and all for assembly.