IGNORED

Trunk installed on RSTD

star4772

What trunk is that Joe ? Looks good, can not really tell the color in the video, is it black ? Is it removable ?

Been thinking of doing something like that one of these days. Nice Job, the lights are a A+++.

Fuzzy

The trunk is a 1500 goldwing and yes it is black with the bottom trunk cover blue. I will have some blue and silver or possiable blue and light grey pinstriping done at Don's in june.

Thanks glad you like it. Me to :)

The trunk is a 1500 goldwing and yes it is black with the bottom trunk cover blue. I will have some blue and silver or possiable blue and light grey pinstriping done at Don's in june.

Thanks glad you like it. Me to :)

Is it removable to Joe ? I need to know cause I , well, wait a minute.

But seriously, is it removable like some others that I have saw. They used the existing RSTD quick release for the bracket.

Are those in a decent price range used ? I have got to really get me one of those, I likey that very well.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Is it removable to Joe ? I need to know cause I , well, wait a minute.

But seriously, is it removable like some others that I have saw. They used the existing RSTD quick release for the bracket.

Are those in a decent price range used ? I have got to really get me one of those, I likey that very well.

Fuzzy :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Did not use quick release but it can be taken off the mounting bracket in about 5-10 min.

Joe

very nice joe very nice i want to put one on mne as well but i want it set up for quick release like 1 min its off again very nice

Thanks glad you like. I would have done something like that but not just yet. I might in the near future who know's.

Joe

You said to be honest. Personally I think it looks out of place. I do however think that the extra carrying capacity and the additional lighting are excellent! I am sure that if it were color matched it would look better. Functional is more important than cosmetics. I would also imagine that your passenger will greatly appreciate the extra comfort.

You said to be honest. Personally I think it looks out of place. I do however think that the extra carrying capacity and the additional lighting are excellent! I am sure that if it were color matched it would look better. Functional is more important than cosmetics. I would also imagine that your passenger will greatly appreciate the extra comfort.

Thanks for the comment,I do agree color matched would look better but for the budget I did pretty good. Going to get some pinstriping done at Dons and then will see how it blends in. Trunk color matches the front coweling being black and a little grey inside where air filters are. Trunk is black with a little grey and trunk bottom is blue which is real close to saddle bags. And yes passenger is very happy now, she can sleep on the run's. :rotf:

Thanks Joe

• 4 months later...

Joe, the trunk looks really good. It looks like it belongs there. My only complaint might be that its a little squared off- you know, angular for the beautiful rounded features of a 2nd Gen. I might have actually gone with a first gen trunk. they actually seem more rounded and complimentary to the over all look of the bike. But maybe you got a great deal on the Gold Wing trunk if so then more power to ya. To 99% of the people looking at it it will look like it belongs.

Good Job!:thumbsup2:

Very nice use of the 1500 GW trunk. I think it looks pretty good myself. I used a Vetter trunk off a GW on my 79 1100 Yammy with a Pacifico fairing Kawasaki bags, with Suzuki rails wrapping the bags and It looked pretty good at the time. Painted everything to match.

When you get her painted to blend, it will be very stylish. The added room in the trunk will be a great asset, I was thinking of putting a HD trunk on mine but the cost of even a used one and the crappy locks with flimsy plastic made me change my mind.

Yours looks really good and did the room from passenger to your back increase or decrease??

I'd like some details on how it is attached.

Is that a custom bracket that it is sitting on?

It's the standard mounting bracket from a RSV it bolts to the RSTD the same as the RSV does. 2 flat brackets bolt to bottom of trunk and mount to the trunk bracket.

Joe