IGNORED

Had lunch with the Muffinman today

Venturous Randy

Took a little ride today down to Greensboro, NC to meet up with the Muffinman as he was helping out one of our new members that picked up an 83 Venture for less than a song. It was great to see him again and be able to visit and have a meal with him. He is one of the best. I was glad Brian, HotRodYJ, got to meet him.

It was a bit of a cool ride, for me anyway, as most of the day was cloudy and from about 50 to 55 degrees. We also ran thru some misty rain, but it did not get us wet. Normally when you drop off the mountain going from NE TN toward the middle of NC, it gets hotter. Today at about 1pm, it was 54 degrees in Greensboro and when we got Boone, NC, it was 72 degrees and about 50 miles away in Johnson City, TN, it was 82 degrees.

On the way down, we ran from about 65 to 75 mph most of the way and when I gassed up, I got 42 mpg. On the way back up the mountain, we ran the speed limit, with most being 65 mph and when I got home and filled up, I was up to 47.4 mpg, which I was happy with. We also had a little headwind going down and tailwind coming home.

It was a good day, especially when we almost got a ticket by a State Trooper.:cool10:

RandyA

Took a little ride today down to Greensboro, NC to meet up with the Muffinman as he was helping out one of our new members that picked up an 83 Venture for less than a song. It was great to see him again and be able to visit and have a meal with him. He is one of the best. I was glad Brian, HotRodYJ, got to meet him.

It was a bit of a cool ride, for me anyway, as most of the day was cloudy and from about 50 to 55 degrees. We also ran thru some misty rain, but it did not get us wet. Normally when you drop off the mountain going from NE TN toward the middle of NC, it gets hotter. Today at about 1pm, it was 54 degrees in Greensboro and when we got Boone, NC, it was 72 degrees and about 50 miles away in Johnson City, TN, it was 82 degrees.

On the way down, we ran from about 65 to 75 mph most of the way and when I gassed up, I got 42 mpg. On the way back up the mountain, we ran the speed limit, with most being 65 mph and when I got home and filled up, I was up to 47.4 mpg, which I was happy with. We also had a little headwind going down and tailwind coming home.

It was a good day, especially when we almost got a ticket by a State Trooper.:cool10:

RandyA

The Muffinman?

wish Id have known maybey I coulda got off for a long lunch and met you guys.........greensboro is where I was working today and depending on what part of town you were in I might have been able to make it

David

We ate at the Chinese restaurant just off exit 214B on the north side of I40

RandyA