IGNORED

Pelican (Hardigg) cases on 1st Gen!!

thats right! Pelican cases on my 1st gen. my old yammy cases were leaking, and the right case had melted. probably from a rear caliper locking up in the past. so...i went pelican! pelican cases are virtually indestructible. water and air tight and lightweight! the cases i got were the hardigg i2400 storm. 26 liters. i bought them on ebay, used, from a supplier for 117.00 delivered. they weigh 6.5lbs, my yammy case weighs 9lbs. saved 5 lbs already! i took off backrest, helmet locks, crash bar, and grab handles. that stuff weighed 23lbs!! my tired rear shock is probably lovin me right now....anyhow...i used the mounts for the top right off the old cases. i wanted to be able to take them off, like regular luggage. i also used the lower guide/mount , but, had to make a new bracket. i used some samson construction brackets. lots off measuring, re-measuring, and drilled holes. mounted upper and lower brackets and checked fit. I LOVE THEM!!!! sweet case, custom look, and WATERTIGHT!.now some final finish work, locktite, silicone, and then the other side tomorrow. whew! im tired...all that thinkin wore me out! oh, i have to make a locking point for them too, so the dont fall off, and no one can steal them....enjoy. told ya i was up to somethin...:cool10: Y bE nORmaL