IGNORED

No Low beam

Changed the bulb on my 2001 RSV tonight,split the fairing etc. and started the bike up and no low beam.So I checked the old bulb with a multi meter and it shows the old bulb is good.Any ideas anyone?My bike has no modulator.When I tear into it again I am going to check the pigtail to the headlight for current on low and high beam.I am thinking either wiring problem or the switch.Any other things I should check?I do have high beam and running lights work.

Check the fuse. I changed out my bulb to a 80/100w and when I pushed the connector on the bulb it puched the connector out the back side of the plug. Like the cover came open. I guess you could use a multi meter and check the plug being you got the fairing apart. I just put an HID kit in mine, so its all apart too.

Check the fuse. I changed out my bulb to a 80/100w and when I pushed the connector on the bulb it puched the connector out the back side of the plug. Like the cover came open. I guess you could use a multi meter and check the plug being you got the fairing apart. I just put an HID kit in mine, so its all apart too.

Fairing is back together already so I hooked up the old bulb to a battery just to makes sure it wasn't the bulb and both low and high sides of the bulb lit up ,then tore apart the switch and checked for continuity and it checked OK,then turned power on for voltage check at the switch and the switch has power on both low and high beam side depending on switch position.So now I tear into fairing again and check the pigtail.

Fairing is back together already so I hooked up the old bulb to a battery just to makes sure it wasn't the bulb and both low and high sides of the bulb lit up ,then tore apart the switch and checked for continuity and it checked OK,then turned power on for voltage check at the switch and the switch has power on both low and high beam side depending on switch position.So now I tear into fairing again and check the pigtail.

Gotta be that pig tail then. Sounds like you covered all the check points. Let us know.:goodpost:

Fuzzy

I can tell you mine drove me batty for awhile. I to checked fuse, power etc. Come to find out the cheap a_ _ connectors were moving about in the plastic part. Best I could figure was it wasnt actually going over the plongs on the bulb, but next to it. It looked rite, power checks good but its not really around the plug pins

I had the same issue with my '03 while heading to Panama City a couple of years ago. The issue was the connector that tapped the current from the low beam circuit to power the passing lamps had severed the wire. If you have passing lamps I'd look there first...

Here is a link to the posts around my issue. I hope this helps!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48075

Edited by yamadawg
add link to thread...

Changed the bulb on my 2001 RSV tonight,split the fairing etc. and started the bike up and no low beam.So I checked the old bulb with a multi meter and it shows the old bulb is good.Any ideas anyone?My bike has no modulator.When I tear into it again I am going to check the pigtail to the headlight for current on low and high beam.I am thinking either wiring problem or the switch.Any other things I should check?I do have high beam and running lights work.

I had the same issue....needed my high/low beam switch rebuilt.