Sorry, not picture but let me describe. On my 84 that I am working on there is a rubber flap about an inch square on the left side of the motor right about where the shifter is. It covers a hole that obviously leaked when by friend laid this bike down (oil?). Anyway, what is this and how secure is this little flap suppose to be? It does not seem very secure and I am trying to do some cleaning without getting fluid in it.:confused24:

Thanks, Mark

Sorry, not picture but let me describe. On my 84 that I am working on there is a rubber flap about an inch square on the left side of the motor right about where the shifter is. It covers a hole that obviously leaked when by friend laid this bike down (oil?). Anyway, what is this and how secure is this little flap suppose to be? It does not seem very secure and I am trying to do some cleaning without getting fluid in it.:confused24:

Thanks, Mark

It is a cover to the clutch bleeder screw.

Under it, it is wide open through the bottom. Won't hurt to get water in there.

Gary

There is a 1 inch rubber flap on the left side of the engine. It is where one bleeds the clutch. But I'm not sure how close it is to the toe shifter. I thought it was farther back from the toe shifter unless you have heal toe shifter. Then it could be near the shifter. The rubber flap lies flat and not verticle.

Lift it up and if you see what looks like a bleed valve fitting then it is probably as I described.

Pictures are a much other wise we are shooting in the dark.

The picture attached shows the bleeder screw with the stator cover & middle drive covers removed.

It follows a path where the blue cable is running. Rubber flap is situated just above the bleeder screw to the left of the cover.

This central 'shaft' is not sealed at all. The rubber flap is just a dust cover.

Gary

DSC01442s.jpg