IGNORED

Wrenching advice

• 2 months later...
That's not smoke, it's a con trail :cool10:

Way too slow for a contrail, more likely a slug trail........ Better look for the source of smoke & get it fixed. Better clean up that slime trail too............ :stirthepot:

That's not possible, it's a 2nd Gen:rotf::rotf::rotf::stirthepot:

Agreed.:thumbsup2:

Way too slow for a contrail, more likely a slug trail........ Better look for the source of smoke & get it fixed. Better clean up that slime trail too............ :stirthepot:

Agreed.:thumbsup2:

SHOOT THAT HORSE!!!!!!You'll 1st gen owners have pretty well almost beat it to death lol ;)

But it reminds you. Of the facts of life!!! Read Sig.

Dan I used to own a 92 blue 1st gen..........scary fast....until rode it to Boone NC,got rained on and cut off going down the mountain. No restart,had to rent a truck to haul it and trailer back. Not very fast then!!!!!!!! I will stick with my slug....thank you very much ;)

Dan I used to own a 92 blue 1st gen..........scary fast....until rode it to Boone NC,got rained on and cut off going down the mountain. No restart,had to rent a truck to haul it and trailer back. Not very fast then!!!!!!!! I will stick with my slug....thank you very much ;)

And I will stick with my faster, better looking, better equipped, more dependable 1st Gen.

Obviously personal choice, but to me at least Goldwings still have more style.

I saw a 2nd Gen up close for the first time yesterday. Love the saddle, but hate the fairing.

both have a lot to offer in one way of another,there were some things I liked better about my first gen and some better about second gen. As long as its a Venture its all good;)

Its all about that big V-4 heart!!

Without my 1st Gens I would have to consider a 2nd Gen. One of these days someone will figure out how to put 1st Gen V-Max tranny in 2nd Gen along with V-Max cams & heads. LOOK OUT!!

That sir,would be a work of art, and a 2 year waiting list to get one ;)

Without my 1st Gens I would have to consider a 2nd Gen. One of these days someone will figure out how to put 1st Gen V-Max tranny in 2nd Gen along with V-Max cams & heads. LOOK OUT!!

That sir,would be a work of art, and a 2 year waiting list to get one ;)

What 2 year waiting list, or is there a waiting list for Vmax 1200 parts???????

I'm pretty sure that if I had to replace my 1st Gen with a newer bike, it would be with a Wing. One has to like the overall looks of the machine you ride. For me the 2nd Gen just is not appealing even with that V4.