IGNORED

Location of flasher Relay First Gen

Ya, you do need to remove the headlight and it is located up and back, I think just slightly to left of center. There will be a 1/2 wide retangular like rubber band that the relay slides into. The rubberband has a thin sleeve where a flat piece of metal slides into to keep it there on the bank of relays. You can remove just the relay or both the relay and the rubberband. I think it is easier to remove and install both together.

The 84-93 flasher relay is in a unit that is about the size of a pack of cigarettes.

There is a 41R # on it.

9 wires going into it. This unit also contains the starting circuit cut-off relay.

Gary

Brian beat me to it.

I have cleaned the switch. It started with a blown turn signal fuse, which i have replaced ... it has not blown again but i have no turn signals or 4 ways.

I am still having trouble locating this 41 r RELAY. I haver found a box that looks to be the right size but it has two screws as a mouinting point, more than 9 wires and DOES NOT say 41 R on it. I have removed the headlight and I found the box just to the left of center.

I have cleaned the switch. It started with a blown turn signal fuse, which i have replaced ... it has not blown again but i have no turn signals or 4 ways.

I am still having trouble locating this 41 r RELAY. I haver found a box that looks to be the right size but it has two screws as a mouinting point, more than 9 wires and DOES NOT say 41 R on it. I have removed the headlight and I found the box just to the left of center.

Other box you found is probably the cruise control module. It has more wires than the 41R.

Gary

• 10 years later...