IGNORED

Battery fluid level bypass

I am going to put in the bypass for the battery level sensor on my '83 VR. I notice that there is already a resistor in the line. It looks factory. Do I remove this resistor when I put the new one in or do I just add the additional resistor?

I am going to put in the bypass for the battery level sensor on my '83 VR. I notice that there is already a resistor in the line. It looks factory. Do I remove this resistor when I put the new one in or do I just add the additional resistor?

I didn't remove mine, left it in and wired it to the acc screw,, works just fine.

Just make a complete new wire with a new resister from the accessory screw to the connector. If you hook power straight up you will damage stuff.

You only need one correct resister.

Edited by KIC

The existing resistor worked for me. Just left it in and did not add anything. Hooked that up to the accessory screw and works like a charm.

It worked for me also with my 88VR and I wouldn't have know that without the advice from Marcarl and Wayne (Wizaed765).

I left the existing resistor in. Added a 2.2K resistor in series. More resistance here is a safe thing and it was easy enough to remove the original resistor if I still had a battery warning on the display. No need to stress the CMU.

It works great with both resistors.

• 2 months later...

Just bought sealed gell filled battery with no place to put battery sensor. Per suggested above I hooked up the exsisting resistor to accessory terminal on fuse block. Battery warning off. Thanks guys.

Jeff