IGNORED

Rustic Roads Program in Wisconsin

IH Truck Guy

• 2 months later...

Hey Dan,

You don't need to tell me about it. Had my 05 RSTD out this aft.

Tomorrow for sure! But, there is still lots of sand/salt on the roads. Very slippery stuff, watch out.

Man, does it feel good!

Steve

• 11 months later...

Did you say spring is almost here because it's snowing so hard outside right now? Man is it coming down hard. I don't think springs ever gonna get here. It was really nice in Chicago on thursday and friday, wanted to be on two wheels but was stuck on eighteen. Oh well time to shut the blinds and pretend its too hot outside to go out. The rustic roads in Wisconsin are really cool with a ton of things to see. I miss riding so much right now. Ugggggggghhh. So frustrated today. Take care Dan

Here's some pics we got too late for the covered bridge target. It's on rustic road 105, west of Minoqua, off hwy 70. While we were at it, could have gotten the Chequamegan National Forest sign target. They have a rough camping campground right next to the bridge. We might go back someday with the fishing poles and stay overnight.

The trip was a lot of fun last year, but about half the Rustic Roads are gravel. I don't think I would have been too comfortable taking a belt drive down that many roads. Thank goodness for shaft drive, no worries.

Later, Scooter Bob

Here's some pics from the first Saturday in April last year. It was around 50 degrees if I remember right, but the snowbanks were visible in the pics.

A few roads weren't anything to right home about, but most were great. RR51 has a stream that crosses the road several times, and you have to ride right through it(solid base though).

Lots of fun though, and it makes you go and find the back roads and a lot of great scenery in the state.

Later, Scooter Bob

Rustic roads is a great site. I have used it for the past couple of years. Some times you have to read the "paved / gravel" close. I got about half way through a 20+ mile ride ones and then it went to gravel. Not bad but it was fresh gravel so I opted out of the rest of that one.

All in all it sure is nice to get "Off The Beaten Path". And you should check that book out sometime, it has some really great places too.

last year my wife and i took our daughter and son in law out to get their rustic roads patch. was a nice day for us, but rough for them because they both had just started to ride.nice ride thruout southeast part of state.i am working on doing this again this summer with some of the guys from work.if anyone wants to tag along, i will let you know when we are going.

last year my wife and i took our daughter and son in law out to get their rustic roads patch. was a nice day for us, but rough for them because they both had just started to ride.nice ride thruout southeast part of state.i am working on doing this again this summer with some of the guys from work.if anyone wants to tag along, i will let you know when we are going.

Sounds like a deal..

As long as I'm not on the road,we're always up for a ride...:)

Me too! If it fits my schedule, I'd have to ride a couple hours just to start though. Could always leave early to get home too I guess. Would be fun maybe we could get some members from up this way to take the trip down together? Dan

That's an awesome program - thanks for sharing. Wish the other states would consider something like that.:thumbsup2:

Seeing this post come back from over a year ago means there are some very bored snow people out there. As far as some other states doing this also about all I can say is if New York did anything like this there would be a registration fee, a vehicle inspection fee, a emissions fee {wouldn't want you to pollute our great state}, a processing fee and you would have to send a self-addressed stamped envelope to send you your dime sized patch.:mo money::rotfl::rotfl::D

Seeing this post come back from over a year ago means there are some very bored snow people out there. As far as some other states doing this also about all I can say is if New York did anything like this there would be a registration fee, a vehicle inspection fee, a emissions fee {wouldn't want you to pollute our great state}, a processing fee and you would have to send a self-addressed stamped envelope to send you your dime sized patch.:mo money::rotfl::rotfl::D

With our state being in the hole,it won't be long before our Governor starts charging big bucks for this program...:yikes: