IGNORED

Rear Axle

Formerfuzz

Is the rest of the head of the axle bolt supported all the way through the swingarm??

Mine has about that much axle head showing between the swingarm and the caliper bracket spacer as well, but the outside is supported all the way through the swingarm.

If the head is all the way theough the swingarm, I'd suspect all is well and normal.

I was looking at my rear axle where is comes through on the right side, and was alarmed that it didn't look right. Is it supposed to be flush? You experts look at the picture and tell me.

Almost looked like there was a spacer missing. Attached are a couple I just shot of my 99RSV.

Just curious have you had a tire replaced or the rear wheel off for any reason if so was the proper alignment procedure done when it was reinstalled.

Your not looking at the recess in the axle thinking that's the end of it are you.

Also, if the big washer that fits in the wheel fell out when you changed the tire, the axel will just keep going, but I would think you would notice that pretty fast. If you still have doubts, pull it back off, or at least the bags and muffler so you can get a good look at it and make sure all is good!! better to be safe.

I looked. Its on the correct side. Guess it is okay. Thanks for the help.