IGNORED

Dash Glare

GolfVenture

This prob won't help on a Venture, but on the RSTD with all that chrome up front, I put 4-5" of Black Limo tint just above the support of WS and that really helped.

I have blackened all the lower plastic to match the "Midnight" of the bike! :cool10:

Get a set of polorized sun glasses.... :confused07:

Had to laugh at this one. Thats what I wear. They have 1.5 cheaters on the bottom. Helps with the glare plus I can read the map at a glance on the tank bag. Bought them at Wally World in the fishing section.:D

Anyone found any solution in reducing the sun glare on the dash. Was riding back home yesterday and the sun glare was really bad.
I have often wondered the same thing. The angle of the dash seems to wrong for a lot of conditions. Have been thinking of trying to rotate the instrument panel so the face is more vertical. Don't know if that is possible, any thoughts on this?

I think Condor has the right idea, polarized sunglasses are designed to remove glare coming from a low angle, thats why you can see thu the top of a pond and see fish below when youre wearing them. I figure a good polarized lens should help out a lot.

Brian

I think Condor has the right idea, polarized sunglasses are designed to remove glare coming from a low angle, thats why you can see thu the top of a pond and see fish below when youre wearing them. I figure a good polarized lens should help out a lot.

Brian

Dummy me, I don't remember if I had my built in polarized internal helmet shade pull down or not.

Getting old is hard to adjust. In the 40s I can no longer jump off the boat stern onto the ground in my yard without feeling it the next day. In the 50s I can no longer sleep or lay on the floor without grunting to get up. The 60s my memory isn't as good.

I wonder what it is going to be in the 70s.

Dummy me, I don't remember if I had my built in polarized internal helmet shade pull down or not.

Getting old is hard to adjust. In the 40s I can no longer jump off the boat stern onto the ground in my yard without feeling it the next day. In the 50s I can no longer sleep or lay on the floor without grunting to get up. The 60s my memory isn't as good.

I wonder what it is going to be in the 70s.

OH SURE! give us all the good stuff to look forward to as I get older......:stirthepot::rotf:

Brian

I'm not bashin anybody or their advice, but I'll tell you from experience that polarized lenses don't solve it all. I always wear my (polarized) sunnies when I ride in the daylight- sunny, cloudy, don't matter. If the sun is up my specs are on. I still get considerable glare from the instrument panel. I think it's one of those "that's just the way it is" type things. The combination of the materials used and the angle of reflection... = bright glare in your face. Just set your cruise at a comfortable pace & forget about the dash. You'll know when you need gas cuz the engine will quit. :stirthepot: