IGNORED

Car Tire - VREDESTEIN

Steve-O

Attempted to install a VREDESTEIN T-TRAC TIRES SKU: VREDESTEIN T-TRAC TIRES-V1776 165/80R15 87 T that I purchased on at

http://www.tiresbyweb.com for $126. It has a nice round shoulder to it along with a nice tread design.

While installing the tire, the sidewall blew out somewhere between 80 and 100psi.

After changing underwear, I found a Kumho powerstar 758 165/80-15 at a local Discount tire (they had a lot of them). It went on at 80 psi.

We used a tube in the Kumho to reinforce the sidewall. I'm thinking this might be a good idea for any tire where there is difficulty inflating. I'm also using Dyna Beads to balance the tire, so putting dynabeads in a dry tube as opposed to an over lubed tire has merit. I am considering doing this with all of my car tire intallations. In looking at the inflation, it appeared that the tube helped to push the tire inflation "out" rather than "up".

I might try the VREDESTEIN again with Tube. But now that I know where to get Kumhos, I am leaning toward sticking to these. I've used them on my VT1100 before with success. It's a good reliable car tire for bikes that need a 165. The ride and handling is very similar to the motorcycle tire. In fact, if you stand up the Kumho next to the MC tire that just came off, you will notice a similar shape....ie flat top.