IGNORED

I had a runaway front tire.....

Flyinfool

Well there I was, out in the back yard working on the bike. It has been having some carb issues beyond the abilities of even the magical Seafoam.

The next thing I know I'm chasing the dang front tire as it goes rolling down the street.

That tire was quick. It managed to stay about 3 feet in front of me for the next 3 hours.

That dang tire rolled all over SE WI with me right behind it. I thought I had it once at a gas station but I took my eye off it for just a second and zoom, it was off and rolling down the road again with me in hot pursuit.

But I did finally catch it and lock it up in the shed.

Now I have a smile on my face and feel like a nap is in order.

Watch out for those front tires, they can be sneaky.:bikersmilie:

:rotf::rotf::rotf:Don't want to burst your bubble but a 2nd gen front tire is even harder to catch :stirthepot: Glad you got a ride in.:cool10:

I agree with this statement 110% .:sign yeah that::whistling: Thank you and Glad you got to flex those riding muscles Flyingfool. I liked that.........

Fuzzy :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Because it is so slow you keep tripping over it ??!!:think::think::stirthepot: Your welcome Jeff. Hope you had a good ride. :clap2:

Because it spends more time on the road than in the shed or sitting in the snow and rain:stickpoke:sorry but time for that poke is coming to and end.:rotf:Never waste a opportunity.

Because it spends more time on the road than in the shed or sitting in the snow and rain:stickpoke:sorry but time for that poke is coming to and end.:rotf:Never waste a opportunity.

Well it has to spend more time on the road cuz there sooooo sloooow.......

The 2nd Gens are like the Energizer Bunny, They just keep going, and and going,and going, and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,and going,

Then we stop for the night!!!

Mine got away like that 1st thing this morning. With the help of my wife, we cornered it for a time at a Waffle House but it got away again. We chased it all over Rankin County, before we finally caught it in the home driveway. But later on that afternoon, my son let turned it loose again, and he and I were FORCED to chase after it in Rankin County again for over 40 miles. I think it is finally secured at least for the night......

My whole 89 got away from me since yesterday. I rode it to a point, then my son showed up with my Tahoe and took the bike.... finally heard from him at 5Pm today...he asked what I was doing..my response was " Working on YOUR bike ! " :shock3:

Gotta get the 87 on the road or I will never see my 89. :happy65:

At least he has been converted from the crotch rocket lifestyle ! :cool10:

Left home at 10am and returned at 5pm, burned up a tank and a half of gas. Had a lovely lady following me around the whole time. First time riding two-up, Mary loved it. Looks like I now have a co-pilot and we will both be attending Kruzin the Kootenays in Nelson this Summer.

Life is good. :cool10:

Mine got away like that 1st thing this morning. With the help of my wife, we cornered it for a time at a Waffle House but it got away again. We chased it all over Rankin County, before we finally caught it in the home driveway. But later on that afternoon, my son let turned it loose again, and he and I were FORCED to chase after it in Rankin County again for over 40 miles. I think it is finally secured at least for the night......

mine hasnt gotten away yet good thing its been very sick very very very sick i cant wait till it gets better then i can chase it all over harrison jackson and hancock county and maybe even up to rankin county wes0778:301:

• 3 years later...

I had a runaway front tire once on my Buick Regal. It left the car and went across four lanes and into someone's front yard. So I ran over there and caught it while it was inspecting their bushes. I scolded it severely and then put it back on the car with borrowed lug nuts from the other wheels. (No one was hurt.)

Hope it never happens on the bike!!

Well, just rest up my friend, you'll be good as new in no time. Don't go springing no more leaks either, that ain't good. I had a cath done a few years back, I thought the cardio tech was going to break my leg when he was holding pressure on mine. That hurt more than any part of the procedure. Luckily I had no ill effects from it, nor did they find any blockage.