IGNORED

Ethanol free gas, south florida

Capt-D

Just this past month Marathon Gas Stations in Palm Bch County started selling 90 octane, ethanol free gas. It is aim.ed at the boating crowd but everybody is taking advantage of it. The store clerk said they are having trouble keeping the tank full, and guess what? It is cheaper then 87octane with ethanol by about 7 cents, go figure. so any of you folks in the south fla area, check your local Marathon station on the coast, you might be pleasently surprised. And one last thing, my bike runs better, but can't tell you how mauch better the mileage is, right now it seems to be about 4 mpg better, but ask me in a month after I have run a few more tankfuls thru the bike. Also I talked to a guy who works for Sunaco gas stations, he says that they are gearing up for............15% ethatnol!!! Says the government is getting close to mandating it, don't know about you, but my feelings is that ethanol is C##P, pure and simple, and don''t know how it is going to affect these bikes, can't be good, cause my bike runs way better on the gas without it

Just this past month Marathon Gas Stations in Palm Bch County started selling 90 octane, ethanol free gas. It is aim.ed at the boating crowd but everybody is taking advantage of it. The store clerk said they are having trouble keeping the tank full, and guess what? It is cheaper then 87octane with ethanol by about 7 cents, go figure.

Cheaper than 87, that is unusual. They may have it priced wrong. I'd go fill up a bulk tank. I stopped at a Pure station in Navarre Florida (panhandle), and they had the 90 octane ethanol free and had it priced higher than Premium unleaded, roughly .40 cents more per gallon than 87 RUGe. At that price ( at that station anyway) it wipes out any potential savings from fuel mileage increase. It was still cheaper at that price than buying it from the marina. I'll have to check the Marathon Stations around here.

RSTDdog