IGNORED

Loud pipes result in terrorism charge????

slick97spirit

I sure wish some of the loud pipes around here would get charged with something.

There are a lot of bikes running straight pipes with NO baffling at all. On a quiet night you can literally hear them for miles and the windows rattle in their frames when they go past the house.

While terrorism is a little extreme of a charge, they should be charged with something.

I sure wish some of the loud pipes around here would get charged with something.

There are a lot of bikes running straight pipes with NO baffling at all. On a quiet night you can literally hear them for miles and the windows rattle in their frames when they go past the house.

While terrorism is a little extreme of a charge, they should be charged with something.

I agree.

I've noticed that the ones with the loudest pipes actually wear ear plugs so they don't have to listen to it I guess.

BOO

I love my loud pipes. Neighbors may not, but they do things that I don't like. Such as running their tractors until 9:30/10:00 pm cutting their lawns. So when I leave for work at 4:45 am, they hear me leave.

What about the people who don't do anything wrong but still have to listen to your noise?

Andy

loud pipes have their good and bad points. Some will say mine are too loud and they are simple ultra slash cuts with no holes drilled or baffles removed. I like them. Most of the time loud pipes arent the problem its the peaple who own them. Im no mechanic but Im of the opinion that if you consantly have to blip your throttle to make the bike run correctly then you need to see a mechanic to fix your carbs or fuel injection or whatever. Most of the peaple who do tis do this cause they like the sound. I see it more often on crotch rocket riders. Heck I used to be one.

Terrorism because of loud pipes is a stretcha t best. Now there are noise ordanance laws . Both for bikes and tractors as well. In My little town its 10 pm . After that and you can be given a ticket for noise and it gets steeper every time you get one

David

Well I hate the kids whose radio you here 4 blocks from the house with all the windows closed! :yikes: You can not tell me it is "music" when all you hear is distortion of the trunk lid, doors and hood rattling. They have no idea what a GOOD system sounds like. :thumbsup2:

Bryan

I had some pipes on my Venture. Sounded good, but on long trips, they were annoying. I removed them and put the stock mufflers back on.

Anymore, Im tired of hearing everyone's exhausts and stereos and I used to be one of the worst offenders out there on BOTH counts!!

A little rumble is nice, but I don't need to hear a bike 1/4 mile away.

Well, the Terrorism charge is ridiculous. Just plain stupid in my opinion. If the noise is beyond what the legal limits are fine them for that. If not don't invent something to give them a ticket- a charge like terrorism could leave lasting implications down the road that the individual does not deserve. Crazy **** happenin' these days..... What comes around goes around and the last thing I want to deal with is some local law "fabricator" to invent some new law just because they don't like what I'm doing when what I'm doing is legal! Don't get me wrong, I don't like the obnoxious noise of straight pipes (& some people I know have vocal chords that could rival loud pipes- no names :), High Honey! LOL) anymore than the next guy, but I'm willing to put up with it. Yeah, my neighbor (good guy) likes to rev his straight-piped Harley. Give-n-take I say. Whatever floats your boat as they say.

Ridin' On....:whistling:

RSTAR08

Let's all remember that this happened in Mexico... Based upon the description of events in the article, the noise from these guys bikes sent some of the crowd into a panic thinking the large public square full of people was under attack, something that has happened in Mexico. Some people were trampled according to article, so there was some injury. This is similar to yelling "FIRE" in a crowded theater.

According to the article, Mexican law defines terrorism as acts that "produce alarm, terror or fear in the population ... to disturb the public peace or try to undermine government authority."

These guys and their loud bikes appear to have done just that. I think the best advice is to avoid large crowds, especially in Mexico and especially when you have loud pipes on your bike.:backinmyday:

They just have to grin and bare it. I customized my bike for me, not the neighbors, not my wife, me. If they don't like it, they can move. Period.

Not trying to be the fun police since I like a little rumble myself (and I love my neighbors but still have my pipes cut for a little noise) but if we "push it" then we have to deal with the legislative "push back". Who knows instead of moving they might start passing laws with $350.00 fines attached to them like this bill in NH. I've even read the AMA is figting a proposal to outlaw all aftermarket pipes.

Unlike some failed legislative efforts to further limit motorcycle noise, the bill does not require police to stop motorcyclists and use decibel meters to enforce the noise ordinance. But to pass inspection, a motorcycle would have to meet the noise standard and display a sticker proving that it did. The police could stop a bike they believe exceeds the noise limit, check for the sticker and presumably issue a $350 ticket.

The American Motorcyclist Association advises against the use of loud pipes because they prejudice the public against motorcycles and cyclists.

In ontario at one time if your exhaust, regardless of the type of vehicle, exceeded a certian decible level you would be charged with either excessive noise or disturbing the piece.

I have to admit though, when I got passed by wisper quiet Harleys, on the roads of Germany it seemed wierd.

Once was in the car with my son We were following a guy with really loud straight pipes on his bike. It was horribly loud while we were behind him. But I wanted to show my son something about the adage about loud pies. So we passed the gentleman on his bike and I turned the radio off and I told my son to listen. With the bike only a car length or so behind us he could barely hear him at all. With the radio on not at all. The only one who hears loud bikes going down the road are those sitting in their houses and they only get annoyed.

On top of that how many time have you gone riding with someone with loud pipes and

NO ONE wants to ride behind the guy?????

But again that's personal choice even if the logic isn't sound.

For what it's worth for you northerners - I removed my Samson straight-through pipes over the weekend and replaced my original stock pipes. Things should be a lot quieter for y'all now. No more 'thunder down-under'.

I can't believe the difference it makes.

I can now hear the engine.

I can now hear the radio.

I can now hear the SatNav.

I can now hear the pillion (that one's important.)

I can now hear - - - !

P.S. Anybody in Australia looking for a new sound for their Second Gen?

I have a good set of pipes for sale.