IGNORED

Who with a 1st Gen has a Large Clearview Shield

I have the Clearview Shield on my 89 VR. I got the bigger and wider one with the vent. I havent experienced extra buffering compared to the stock. I was curious about how they compared as I gave my old stock one to a buddy. We were riding together and he had his wife along with us. I had her ride on mine after riding on his and she thought there was less buffering behind mine then there was with the stock windshield. I do tend to run with the vent open a bit and on hot days I have it directed toward my face and go get more air that way.

I believe that I have a picture in my album of the windshield also.

Hope that helps.

Rick F.

I have the largest sheild that Clearview makes for the G1 bikes, and find that in most instances it cuts way back on buffeting and noise from the old slipstream windsheild. The only time I find more buffeting is when Ive going into a strong quartering wind, and then I open the vent a crack it does help reduce the buffeting effects. My Passengers have remarked that they find the larger windsheild much more comfortable at highway speeds.

Brian

Edited by friesman

I have the largest sheild that Clearview makes for the G1 bikes, and find that in most instances it cuts way back on buffeting and noise from the old slipstream windsheild. The only time I find more buffeting is when Ive going into a strong quartering wind, and when I open the vent a crack it does help reduce the buffeting effects. My Passengers have remarked that they find the larger windsheild much more comfortable at highway speeds.

:sign yeah that:

I also have the largest (Clearview) shield but no vent and came from a Slipstreamer as well. I find the CV to be better, even without the vent.

Mine is the GT25 model with a grey tint and the vent. I have attached a couple of photos that show a stock windshield and the GT25 on a couple of 89 VRs to help you compare and some pics of just the GT25. I choose the grey tint to help with night drying and glare issue I experience from time to time when I dont have my yellow tinted driving glasses on.

The GT 25 is 25.5 inches tall and is also wider then the stock shield.

http://clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=82

Hope this helps.

Rick F.

Edited by cimmer

Mine is the GT25 model with a grey tint and the vent. I have attached a couple of photos that show a stock windshield and the GT35 on a couple of 89 VRs to help you compare and some pics of just the GT25. I choose the grey tint to help with night drying and glare issue I experience from time to time when I dont have my yellow tinted driving glasses on.

Hope this helps.

Rick F.

So have you two traded Ventures to compare the charactertics of each shield.

Which produces less buffering, for both the driver and passenger.

Any noticable drop in mpg.

We havent traded off but his wife has rode behind both of us and stated that the bigger windshield did block the buffeting a lot better she thought. I actually get better mileage then he did last year but he had electrical issue with his bike that was cleared up with a new fuse block. I am averaging about 42-45 MPH but I have also leaned the carbs down a bit so I cant say now much I lost if any. The comfort makes up for any mileage I might have lost in my opinion.

Rick F.

the buffeting has more to do with wind direction on the highway than the vent. If the wind is on front corner coming at me diagnonally I find i get some buffeting, and then I open the vent to stop it. Also on a very windy day I may have to crack open the vent if I am riding into it.

Brian