IGNORED

Got my new '03 RSV home to CO.

Jetfixer03

Hey guys,

Well I picked up an '03 Venture in Reno Thursday and rode it back to Conifer CO to live at my g/f's house. I live in FL but I spend about 4-5 days a month in CO....needed another bike to ride when I'm here. The riding out here is phenominal! The ride 'home' was a beautiful route, took US50/I70 east. It was colder than I bargained for, hit snow twice. 20 degrees warmer would have made it a great ride. This bike loves the open road...nice tall O/D, cruised at 90-95 a bunch and she seems to love it. I was also impressed with her performance in the wind. It was very gusty in the Western Range, but I hardly noticed on the RSV.

Impression of the bike so far....

I really like the riding position, more stretched out than alot of similar bikes. More versatile than some as far as foot placement.

I like the clutch/trans.

I like the wind protection.

I'm happy with the handling.

It looks great.

Power...so so. I tend to compare it to my old Valkerie, another big bike...instant smooth speed. The Valk did drink gas like a fish.

Braking...not that impressed, but I'll chalk that up to getting used to a new bike and the sheer size of this baby. So jury is out for now.

I'm generally happy with everything...except one thing that I'll be working on. I knew about the whine going in, but it's worse than I anticipated. Due to the temps I wore a full-face helmet, so it didn't seem that bad. I usually wear a shorty, and once I got back to warmer temps and shed the full-face for the shorty it sounded way worse. My Valk had straight gears and a whine too. Synthetic oil made a world of difference on that bike. I'm hoping it'll help with Venture too. I'll be scouring the forum for tips and info. After being out today, I have a feeling this bike is worse than average. It has 65K on it, and I believe it was well maintained. I know it had a new clutch a couple of years ago, I need to dig into the maintenance records and see the details. If there was a factory fix I would think it would have been done at that time.

Anyhow, glad to be one of Y'all now!

Ride on!

Chris