IGNORED

Progressive Springs for second gen 07 RSTD ?

Progressive Springs.....Is this a need for the second generation bikes or something that was upgraded and is only used on the first generation bikes? Information comes up some on the first generation bikes. I weigh around 275 - 285 lbs, 5' 11" tall. So kinda large fellow.

I have noticed my bike being a little to soft or springy kinda jumpy on a hard pushing right or left lean curve. Maybe I just need to do the air shock stabilizing mod to the front forks. I need a pump just for this. Next on my need to get list.

Fuzzy

In the process of disassembling my forks for polishing I decided to replace the innards with new seals/bearings, some hard parts and upgrade to the Progressive springs. My 99 was diving badly and I felt it was time to upgrade the spring. Its solely an upgrade as the stock springs are ok. I just wanted a firmer ride. No, I havent ridden it yet as im still recovering from surgery to see any improvements. If you decide to do this upgrade im sure you wont be disappointed. I used Amsoil synthetic fork fluid which is 10W. The oil does degrade over time. Mine was real nasty looking. I never felt a need to equalize the front fork fittings. A hand pump will do nicely. And with the Progressives you may not even need any air in there.

• 4 weeks later...