IGNORED

Shinko tires

Patrolman46

Well here goes. I've read all the posts about Shinko 777 vs Dunlop 404's. Most of the post or threads were for Gen 1. I am going to put WWW on my 2000 RSV MM and trying to decide on which of the only two brands that handle MT90-16 for the front & 150/90-15 for the rear, Shinko & Dunlop. Anybody with experience with these tires or any suggestions where to find more brands of WWW tires in these sizes. Sorry to start this thing about tires again, but I haven't found any really definitive answers about these tires for a 2nd Gen.

I have the 404's on my RSTD. I cant really say anything bad about them, Roughly 4000 miles on them as of now. I cant remember where the local shop got them. I do know they ordered them off the net. The 404s are the 1st set replacing the stock tires. So comparing them to other brands I cant say good nor bad. Anything is an improvement over stock.

I have the 404's on my RSTD. I cant really say anything bad about them, Roughly 4000 miles on them as of now. I cant remember where the local shop got them. I do know they ordered them off the net. The 404s are the 1st set replacing the stock tires. So comparing them to other brands I cant say good nor bad. Anything is an improvement over stock.

Do you remember what the original tires were?

Have 10,000 on my original 404's not quite to the wear bars but been watching and reading all the tire post and have been looking into a set of E III's I just need a place to install them I don't have a lift but the stealer quoted almost 700 for the job when I have found the tires for 375 :confused24:

I have read a few posts about the Shinkos, but I think it was the 230 tour tire. Didnt see anything specificly on the RSV. Most of the reviews were from HD guys with hearitage and road glide (heavier type) bikes. Said the wear wasnt that great around 5k. They said they preforamed well just no milage in them. I had one on the front of my 900 Kawi and it was good peforming so far, but I only had about 3k on it.

So far I'm pretty well convinced I'm either going back with E3"s or maybe the Avon. I would like to try something more econmical, but also as much work as has to be done to change the rear, I dont know if I want to do it twice or three times as much either.

I had a Shinko 230 on the front of my 1988 Venture Royale. Good price, good performance, but.... it was gone after less than 6,000 miles.

I replaced the front Shinko with a Dunlop E-3. 10,000 miles, and it still has some tread left. I'm replacing it next week.

Yes, the E-3 is more expensive than the Shinko, but to me it's worth it not to have to replace the tire so often.

Nick Diaz

Middletown, MD

Watching this thread....need to get some tires for my Millenium soon. Am thinking of staying with the Dunlop 404.:banana:

[ATTACH]65467[/ATTACH]

What kind of mileage did you get from these tires? Did they give you good handling? Thanks for the info. Nice looking Bike..!!!

I wouldn't run a Shinko if YOU bought it for me.... I've seen them and they are the equivalent to a Cheng shin... very flimsy and they wear out fast... but what do I know?? I run a car tire on back and a Dunlop 404 rear tire on the front...

Dunlop 404s are fine... I ran quite a few miles on them before I went to the Dark side and prefer them over the Avons, Bridgestones, and Metzeler on a RSV...

I am running shinko's on both bikes, since I haven't been riding the Venture much since installing them cant say much there, but on the V Star getting pretty good wear from the front and the rear, I have about 5500-6000 on those and am very pleased with the wear and performance. I had the 404's and they sucked for mileage, only got 7000 out of the original ones on the V Star.

Have 10,000 on my original 404's not quite to the wear bars but been watching and reading all the tire post and have been looking into a set of E III's I just need a place to install them I don't have a lift but the stealer quoted almost 700 for the job when I have found the tires for 375 :confused24:

Find an independent motorcycle/atv shop. They will normally mount and balance pretty cheap as long as you do the work of taking the wheels off the bike.

Local shop by me charged $25 per tire. If he did the labor to remove and install, price would have gone up by shop charge ($65/hour at that time).