IGNORED

Floor Boards - Where or How?

I need some of your expertise. I have looked through the site and on the net and I can't seem to find anything definitive on where I can get a set of driver floorboards that will fit the Mk11 (86-93). There must be a a model or a means to fit boards to the Venture. I do have a set that fit the Mk1 but these project into the space required for the chin.

Finding these on EBay is near a miracle. Does anyone have any experience on a "universal" set or a savy means of adapting a board set meant for a goldwing etc. to fit?

Thanks guys!

Edited by thirdbike

Thank you for the offer. Hopefully, you have received the email that I sent you.

Perhaps for the benefit of and to assist other members we could continue this thread and solicit further ideas

Thank you again and thank you to those wishing to share their expertise.

Edited by thirdbike

I've been looking into finding a set of floorboards for my '83, and have looked into aftermarket sets too. Haven't pulled the trigger on any yet as I am in the process of doing my 2nd gear swap, and have hit a few snags and it's sucking up my fun money.

Anyone want to swap their floorboards for pegs, I'll give my pegs up.

-Andrew

There have been a lot of threads over the years of people that have tried boards and went back to pegs. If you do some looking and searching you may be able to find those threads and contact some of those people to see if they sold their boards yet.

I seem to remember that for a while there was almost a community set of boards making the rounds. Someone may have finally decided they liked them and ended the travels of the boards.

Somebody out there must have a definitive answer on who makes floorboards to fit of how to best adapt a set. I know some of you prefer the pegs but for those wanting boards, what to do?

markland makes them for sure. had them on my 88 with a rocker shifter and i stole the pegs off my 83 and did the swaaparoo. so they definately fit both bikes. i have a set of marklands that i'm getting rid of, they have some spotty rust but could be polished. don't need much for them. i don't have the rocker. these are the same ones that team up with the rocker but they also work with the peg setup.

I have a set on my 88 that i may take off next month as I have to do a lot of repair to that bike and not sure I will put them back on as I dont care for that system, pegs feel much better. I also have a set from an 83 that look the same as the set from the 88 but are in bad shape and not sure if I have every single part for that set, and I have a made up set from an 87 which will fit but are to wide and put the riders feet out to far when holding the bike up. Would be happy to send you a picture of what I have and if you can wait a month like I say am sure I will have a set up for sale. Mike

• 1 year later...