IGNORED

Tape Player Dust Cover

rougeray

I have a 2007 Venture Royale that the tape player dust cover will not lock close. Since the bike is still under warranty I spoke to the dealer about having it repaired and was advised the hole assembly mounted in the dash had to come out and be sent to Clarion. I'm not about to have my bike tied up for potentially months over this. Anyone else have this problem or a solution? :mad:

HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ON MY 2006. SPRAYED AEROSOL LUBE INTO THE SIDES & IT STAYS CLOSED. GOT THE IDEA OFF THIS FORUM. GREAT BUNCH WITH EXPERIENCE ON RSV. :cool10:

Spray did not help but a wedge made out of scrap black rubber seems to work ok.

• 2 weeks later...
Why would that be a Clarion problem? That door is part of the fairing. :confused:

That's a great question. I’m only relaying what the Yamaha service dept said. The next time I have to remove the front fairing I will see about removing the dash piece. Right now I'm wedging a piece of rubber between the door and dash. I’m totally disgusted with the local Yamaha dealer. :(

Guest Zak202

When you take the front fairing off, and when you remove the cassette deck that door is attached to the deck itself. My bet is the little tabs that hold it closed are broken or stck open. It's a pretty easy fix.

If or When your cassette deck is worked on by clarion the whole unit will be shipped to clarion including the dust cover or door. Mine was returned minus the star emblem, which I had the dealer replace also at no cost.