IGNORED

Irritated with Morotcycle Superstore

Jethroish

Order a set of brake pads on Tuesday. When I placed the order it said they were "Available." Having had great luck with them in the past, I expected them to ship out within 24 hours. Now 48 hours later, they still have not shipped. I call customer service and was told that "Available" means that they can get it from the manufacturer NOT that it is in stock at the warehouse.

Add to that, the Louisville warehouse is no more than 2 miles out of my way when going to work. They have an outlet store there but no longer allow Will Call, so I am paying $6.99 for them to ship 30 miles to my house.

I will admit that even with shipping, the pads are $5 cheaper than the local Yama Dealer, but for $5, I could have had the new brakes on 2 days ago.

Just venting.:soapbox:

That's the problem with these "superstores". They don't stock much of anything, they have young kids that know enough to be dangerous, but never about the bike you are asking them about.

RideNow came into town and bought out all the brand specific dealers in town. Put up 2 "superstores". The Yamaha dealer I dealt with for over 30 years...gone..and all that knowledge..gone. The dealer I bought my wife's CRF230F...gone..went into the "superstore" to ask about different spark plugs for it..they didn't know..but could "order" anything I wanted.

I only go there now for a "life or death, must have" issue. I deal with the little shops in town that cater to all bikes. At least they spend a little time helping out.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Finding parts can be a challenge.

Don't have many small bike shops nearby. There is an independent one in the next town, who I get parts from on occasion, he at least seems interested in selling something when I call.

The local dealer calls itself a Superstore, not a term that I would use to describe it. They do list Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Polaris, Can Am, Sea Doo and Ski Doo as their product lines. I call them to check on parts availability and pricing, not worth driving in to see as they do not seem to stock anything (did not even stock an oil filter for a Venture, but the local Napa did), their pricing is high and customer service is not the image that they project anytime I do go in.

This last week I needed new exhaust gaskets for my old maxim. Granted it is old, but the same gasket was used on quite a few models from 1980 - 1991. Did not have, but could get, $6.69 each and would have by end of week. At least they not say "plus freight"; which is what they told me a year ago when I needed some parts for the Venture (the band that holds the side cover on, $17.50 plus $10 freight that I got from U Motors in Fargo for just under $11; in stock). U Motors parts department does a good job, my daughter is even willing to go there and get parts for me.

I could order genuine Yamaha online Boats.net for $3.96 plus shipping (they state that msrp is $5.28). Ordered aftermarket from Dennis Kirk for $3.99 delivered and had it the next day.

First off let me just say that I understand your frustrations. I am the same way when it comes to waiting for something that I ordered to arrive. Motorcycle Superstore is usually extremely fastl therefor we all have unrealistic expectations of shipping times. Order thse brake pads from anywhere else that required shipping and you would undoubtedly be waiting longer. It is always faster to buy soemthing "local"" but it is almost always more expensive too. Lets face it just because the name Motorcycle Superstore might suggest that they have everything we can't expect them to have parts for every motorcycle ever made in stock and ready to ship. Good luck with getting the brake job completed and don't let this experience keep you from saving those hard earned bills at Motorcycle Superstore. We all know that they truly are better than most; most of the time.

P.S. If you want genuine Yamaha parts at a discounted price check out

www.yamahasportsplaza.com

They have 30% off all OEM parts and 25% off all OEM accessories all the time! I do believe you have to pay for shipping though.

:12101:

First off let me just say that I understand your frustrations. I am the same way when it comes to waiting for something that I ordered to arrive. Motorcycle Superstore is usually extremely fastl therefor we all have unrealistic expectations of shipping times. Order thse brake pads from anywhere else that required shipping and you would undoubtedly be waiting longer. It is always faster to buy soemthing "local"" but it is almost always more expensive too. Lets face it just because the name Motorcycle Superstore might suggest that they have everything we can't expect them to have parts for every motorcycle ever made in stock and ready to ship. Good luck with getting the brake job completed and don't let this experience keep you from saving those hard earned bills at Motorcycle Superstore. We all know that they truly are better than most; most of the time.

P.S. If you want genuine Yamaha parts at a discounted price check out

www.yamahasportsplaza.com

They have 30% off all OEM parts and 20% off all OEM accessories all the time! I do believe you have to pay for shipping though.

:12101:

Yes, they USUALLY are fast. That is what really irritates. Being only 30 miles from the warehouse, in the past, my orders have arrived next day. That and the fact that when I ordered the parts were "Available." That is very misleading. Available to me means they are in the warehouse and available for immediate shipping.

For $5 extra, you should patronize your dealer (if they are a decent dealer). They stay alive with part sales. Spend a little time getting to know the part manager and see if they will meet or get close to the internet pricing. You might be surprised and be able to keep you money 'in the family'. It has worked for me.

RR

For $5 extra, you should patronize your dealer (if they are a decent dealer). They stay alive with part sales. Spend a little time getting to know the part manager and see if they will meet or get close to the internet pricing. You might be surprised and be able to keep you money 'in the family'. It has worked for me.

RR

Might end up doing that anyhow. Told superstore that if it does not ship today, I will cancel the order.

I have had my share of bad luck with some of the online stores out there. Most are pretty good but some of the "name" ones had caused me some problems. JP Cycle comes to mind. I gave them several shots but they failed every time. Couple of small issues and one big one, but their responses have been lacking. I had an issue with Cruiser Customizing last year and posted here. They bent over backwards to make it right as well as join this site to post a response. That impressed me and I have ordered stuff from them again. I have also had great service from Phat Performance as well as Competition Accessories. I have used Jake Wilson once through here and they were fine.

Keep in mind that while Motorcycle Superstore may have had some issue with your order, how do they rank overall? Even the big stores run into glitches from time to time. Some things may be out of their control. Dont give up on them. If there are further issues in the future then its time to move on.

I do say, if the dealer has it it is usualy not worth going on-line and ordering it. If we keep ording on-line more and more of these dealers will disapear then we will be at the mercey of these on-lines stores AND the curiours. They are the ones getting rich fast.

I live in a small city and I have 2 Yamaha dealers I can shop at. Some love them some hate them, but when they have the part then the price is very close to the same as it coming from an on-line store .... and I have the part when I need it. As well we have at least 2 good shops we can get "jobber" or aftermaket parts from easily as well. I only had to wait 36 hours to be delievered my progressive spring set from one of them.

RR

Well put! I buy on-line too,, but when I can and the price is not out of line I like to use my closest dealer. We have established a great relationship. He will usually match an internet price, and will always match if it is from any US Yamaha dealer (like Yamaha of Cucamonga and Stadium Yamaha in Dallas).

So, if your local dealer is a good guy, keep them in mind.

Ordering online sometimes does mean surprises with shipping. I ordered some parts for one of my RAM mounts from an online dealer. Had to pay for USPS Priority shipping. When it came in I found that it was shipped from a post office three miles from my house.

RR

I am in need of valve cover gaskets,:depressed: I went shopping around for the best pricing.

I would have had to use 2 diffrent on line stores,:sick: 1 for the gaskets, and 1 for the bolt hole gromments, with 2 shipping charges, it was just as easy to use my local dealer, and not pay shipping.:happy65:

By the by, if I use the local dealers on line store I get 10% off the in store price,:cool10: I just need to ride the 45 miles:clap2: to the store. Unless I want to pay shipping to my house.

But I must agree, if I don't use the local dealer, I would be helping to close out the parts dept. of the dealer. (diff. in price was only 20 bucks including the shipping.)