IGNORED

House - Porcelain Sink Repair

GolfVenture

Does anyone know how to repair a chip off a colored porcelain sink?

Or a contractor type that does this type of repair if possible?

I contacted Home Depot and they have a fix kit for white but not colored.

Or maybe I can get the paint shop to mix a pint and mix it with the white fix kit if possible.

I bought a "demo" stove It had a big chip in the front top left corner. THE most noticeable spot. I was really poor at the time so I bought it at a really good price because of the damage.

It is almond colored, the local hardware store had porcelain repair kits in all kinds of colors. It took like ten coats to build the chip up to the original thickness but you would be hard pressed to find that repair now even 20+ years later.

I used a porcelain covering paint called Klenks to refinish I sink a couple of years ago. I bought it at home depot and I think a pint of the paint is around 20 bucks. You have to be very careful about cleaning the sink, before you use any paint. I changed the colour of the sink from avocado to white and it worked well, but you have to take your time. I still think its less time and work than changing the sink. I didnt buy the thinner or rest of kit, just the epoxy paint.

Brian

http://www.swingpaints.com/8100_8199us_can.htm