I/m getting ready to start putting my '91 VR back together (doing forks, brakes, tires, yadda, yadda) and one thing on the list is replacing the wind shield.

I found a Slip Streamer on evil bay, and couldn't resit the price. Its a nice looking piece of Lexan, but it doesn't quite fit. I can get the front bolts in, but not the ones at the back corners. The holes in the new shield don't quite match up, and I'm wondering if there are some parts (rubber dampers, bushings, or what ever) missing.

I wouldn't be at all surprised 'Cause while I was doing the tear down I found several items that were "shade treen engineered. (God how I hate some "mechaincs"....)

What would really help is if someone has some pictures of how the fasteners should look with the shield installed.

Thanks in advance....

FWIW I had some "alignment" issues for those bolts as well on my '87. I just opened the holes a bit with a round file. If I recall correctly also, it seemed to help getting those bolts started first before the others. Seems the angle that the bolt had to go in was not the same as the angle of the hole in the W/S.

The pictures helped, Thanks. Just so you know, I have a slightly different fastener arrangement. There are two "tabs" with rubber "dampers" that bolt on at the very front of the windshield. Part of my problem is I didn't have the front bolts tight enough.

The alignment is a little better but I still have to open up the two back mounting holes... Time to break out the round file I guess....

Thanks again...