IGNORED

New Venture MP3 Interface

Hobscotch

Nacho from Venturers helped with it and tested it, but another member there designed and made it.

They are currently working on a bluetooth/mp3 interface for the G1 bikes, pricing and availability should be available fairly soon.

Brian

Thanks for the info Brian !

So would you be able to run this on the AUX setting with the GPS and the sound would come from both? Is there a duel adapter to plug into the amp wire under the fairing or something?

Thanks,

Jeff

Kevin, I think it was on sale for 120 bucks plus shipping a while back, and I dont know about the work on a G2.

Cougar, I dont know, I was just chatting with nacho and a couple guys on FB and got a little bit of info, but they did say they would let me know when they are ready to go ahead. (I think FB page is https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002677304707 )

Brian

Edited by friesman

I've got one and love it!! I used a mp3 player for a couple of years but got tired of having to take it off and put it back on every time I stopped on the road somewhere for any length of time. I ordered the Venturemp3 from a company over in Spain and they sent it right on. Cost was I think 127.00. It takes a little while to install but the procedure is pretty straightforward. It uses the CD hook up in the front fairing or either the cassette player hookup also in the front fairing. I had already remove the CD player so I just plugged in the supplied cable and ran it to the trunk where I affixed the Venturemp3 to the inside wall. Do a search for Venturemp3 on here and midnightventure has a video showing his installation. It is powered by the bike so you don't want to leave it plugged in unattended for more than 4 or 5 days. It takes it a while but it will drain the battery if the bike isn't ridden for 4 or 5 days.

Check it out. You'll like it!

All the pwer comes through the cbus cable that is supplied with the unit. The unit switches off with the ignition switch but there is always some residual power going to the unit I guess for the memory because it picks back up where it left offwhen you turn it back on. The later units come with a toggle switch that is located near the unit so you can totally tuur it off if you are going to not use the bike for several days. I ride every day so I just leave mine on and so far no problem. They (the company in Spain) sent instructions as to how I could wire in a switch but I need to split the fairing again to do that or else unhook the battery. I just bought some new speakers for the bike so one day when I get around to installing them I will put a switch in the unit and wire it to the handle bars.

I wired in the switch right at the unit. I had always figured the power was for the memory but when I turn it back on it goes to 1-1 for a few seconds and then goes right to where it left off. If I had realized ahead of time it would do that I would have used a relay switched by something that went off when the key was off. I was on their website to ask for a schematic and was surprised they had my video linked.

I wired in the switch right at the unit. I had always figured the power was for the memory but when I turn it back on it goes to 1-1 for a few seconds and then goes right to where it left off. If I had realized ahead of time it would do that I would have used a relay switched by something that went off when the key was off. I was on their website to ask for a schematic and was surprised they had my video linked.

Hey, that's a good idea!! I might try that when I get around to it. I'd want it to be hot when switch to the accessory position. By the way, did you get my PM I sent you a few days ago?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have one of these yet but am seriously thinking about getting one. I have never had my tank off but I have split the fairing to install a headlight modulator. There is nothing to splitting the fairing. My only question about the MP3 install is how to get the wiring through the little hole in the trunk. It has a square plug on one end and a cigarette lighter plug in on the other. So unless the wiring harness splits or you have to install one of the plugs after you run the wires then I am not sure how it goes through the trunk.

Ironhead

Very nice, if I ever gey my 2nd Gen I will likely be looking for something like that.... the big question that seems to have been over looked is..... How much :mo money:. And it does looked like a crap load of fun to strip the bike down to install it.

The hole in the bottom of the trunk is plenty big enough( 1", I think") to get the small end through and run it forward. The rubber grommet they send with the unit will wrap around and fill the hole afterwards.

Jeff, I think I paid 127.00 for mine with free shipping. I'd not sure, but it sounds about right. I'm kinda tight wadded anyway. I know I didn't pay regular price for it. I think it was a Christmas special or something like that.

Just checked, it was 127.00 total!!

Not sure I see the value in it for me, since I either play my SD music through my Garmin 550 connected through the MP3 port next to the cassette player, or directly off my cell phone set to Pandora. Both work great and play through the AUX setting on the sound system.

I bought one of these..first thing I did to my 08....easy install just follow directions re setup of folders..only downside is 99 songs per folder 6 folder as it fools the head unit into thinking its a cd player..I tried extra songs on usb stick but unit would not recognize past 99......also no idea of whats playing (not a bad thing)..if you need more songs get a few more usb's or sd cards.....mine has the power off switch..think is was $145 shippedto canada...fast shipping....my Vstar 1100 had batwing with sony stereo so was accustomed to random..repeat ..scrolling but sound is good so I would recommend this ...no need for an ipod

• 1 month later...

I have purchased one of these, watched the video, and successfully installed it. The MP3 works great. Really like being able to switch through songs using the controls that are there.

The only probelm I am having is with the dang memory card and the computer. I have been able to download music to the 1st folder but when I try and place songs in one of the other folders they go to cyber space.

Does the 1st folder have to be full before you place songs in the 2nd folder and so on ?