IGNORED

No high or low beam

frankc

Good Morning everyone,

Here is my story, I have been chasing an electrical problem for awhile now concerning my headlight. I knew it was loose connection somewhere cause the fuse wasen't blown and the headlight would work off and on. I checked all the connectors to a point where i was about to run my own hot wire to the high and low switch. Never did i think about the factory instructions on how to install the driving lights. I'm thinking this is the factory who is telling me to tap into the hot from the headlights so they must know what their doing. (WRONG)!!

Believe me, dont use their instructions! Listen to the people who have installed their driving lights with a relay. You'll save youself a huge headache.

I traced the the wiring to that connector and sure enough... the connector was smoked! After cutting and resoldering, the headlights work perfect! I installed a relay for the driving lights and they work perfect also. So please.......heed this warning, and be smart from the start and use a relay for the driving lights!!!!

Thanks for listening!

Frank

So please.......heed this warning, and be smart from the start and use a relay for the driving lights!!!!

Thanks for listening!

Frank

Thanks for the tidbit of info Frank. Solved problems are what make this board so valuable when chasing gremlins.... :thumbsup2: