IGNORED

Cassette player?

lwinders

Saturday morning a few of us rode to a dealership about 40 miles form where we live. While I was there I thought I would check out the 2012 Venture. It was a nice bike. Just like the 2011, 2010, 2009....... I was very surprised to see that it still has a cassette deck. What is Yamaha thinking? :confused24:

And.... it still has carbs. While it is the most comfortable long distance touring cruiser available, it certainly is not on the cutting edge of technology.

REALLY looking forward to Gen3. Whatever and whenever that happens.

RR

I was very surprised to see that it still has a cassette deck.

You are probably the only one ... :stickpoke:

What is Yamaha thinking? :confused24:

They are probably thinking ... "let's see how long we can sell this stuff to those fools..." OR ... "one of these days, we will finally be rid of these cassette decks that are taking up so much room in our warehouse ... then we can start installing these out-dated CD players... " :rotfl:

Saturday morning a few of us rode to a dealership about 40 miles form where we live. While I was there I thought I would check out the 2012 Venture. It was a nice bike. Just like the 2011, 2010, 2009....... I was very surprised to see that it still has a cassette deck. What is Yamaha thinking? :confused24:

Apparently you missed the ipod and ipod adapter that comes with the 2012 bikes too. Not to mention the Aux input that is right next to the cassette deck that has been there since 1999. Personally, I like having the versatility and all of the options. By the way, my cassette tapes don't skip [yes apparently I am old and crusty enough to still have and use cassette tapes :yikes:] like CD players do nor do the batteries ever need to be replaced/recharged like my MP3 player does. The addition of the ipod/interface (actually having to go with the ipod is a topic for a separate post that I will leave to that) alleviates the problem of having to worry about powering the device or not being able to control it through the bar mounted control.

The fact that these bikes have not been changed significantly in the last 12 years is something that I am happy with to as I can still find the accessories, after-market and OEM parts that I need and want. Not to mention the resale value is still going to be pretty good for me since it is still an active model.

I am quite happy with my bike, it is comfy, smooth and while there are some things on it that I would not mind seeing a little different, it suite my needs and desires enough that I am happy sticking with it for now.

Those are my opinions, take them or leave them as you wish.

Just think is there anyother vehicle made in 2012 that has a tape deck or that you can get with that option

All kidding aside... I firmly believe Yamaha just wanted to continue with the "nostalgia" theme ..... and since they couldn't come up with a big enough supply of AM tube-type radios :D and all the 8-track players had long since sold out :doh: ... they had to settle for cassette decks :whistling:, knowing full well that even though still widely used at the time, they would soon be out-dated :think: and in time.... would be a major contributor to that nostalgic theme.

Just think is there anyother vehicle made in 2012 that has a tape deck or that you can get with that option

More to the point, is there any other vehicle on the market which has been sold unchanged in the last 12 years?

More to the point, is there any other vehicle on the market which has been sold unchanged in the last 12 years?

What do you mean??? ...

The RSV / RSTD has changed considerably over the past 12 years ... or are you totally COLOR blind? :Laugh:

All kidding aside... I firmly believe Yamaha just wanted to continue with the "nostalgia" theme ..... and since they couldn't come up with a big enough supply of AM tube-type radios :D and all the 8-track players had long since sold out :doh: ... they had to settle for cassette decks :whistling:, knowing full well that even though still widely used at the time, they would soon be out-dated :think: and in time.... would be a major contributor to that nostalgic theme.

:happy65:

:think: Slow day at work, eh? Or is it "all" of that cold weather and snow that is catching up to you?