IGNORED

Can't pull my clutch lever in!

4th gear? Never heard of that but a 2nd gear problem....

The rods coming thru are probably not right, you'll have to pull the slave cylinder off the left side of the bike so you can get in there and push the rods out to the right side.

I assume the 4th gear problem was a propped shift pin, and you had to remove the clutch basket to repair/replace the pin. During basket reassembly, I will bet you put the washer/spacer back on wrong, thereby locking up the clutch. Here is the thread where rocket set me straight

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48414

Edited by bkuhr
add link

No, the washer was in the right place....just pulled the slave cylinder off and put it back on...very big pain. I will let you know. I pulled the clutch lever when it was apart so maybe I jambed the slave cylinder or something....still can't figure it out.

You may also need to loosen the bleed valve on the slave.

RandyA

Does the clutch seem to be disengaged as it sets now? Put it in gear & see if wheel will rotate

Just a guess, but when it was reinstalled, something in slave is hanging up, fully extended, thus disengaging clutch. This would then allow for no further fluid to be pushed into slave, thus giving a solid clutch lever.

Gary

Ok, I figured it out.....Make sure the pressure plate is lined up with the clutch boss...I missed that part. After tearing off the slave cylinder 3 times I decided the piston was being pushed too far and getting jambed so it would not release....When the pressure plate is on wrong this happens. Now that I put it back together all is well...Thanks for all the help !! I'm going riding...