IGNORED

Worst Accident I've Ever Seen - Video

Bobby G

Caution - - this is a very disturbing video of a vehicle that lost control on what looks to be a slippery 4-lane road and got clocked by an on-coming 18-wheeler. Not sure why this driver lost control (were they texting or impaired in some way? Who knows....), but regardless, I'm posting it to keep us all aware that you just can't be too careful.

The only thing that gives any solace to this is that the folks in the SUV never knew what hit them. It's a total explosion.

Please be safe out there!

http://rmirror.net/r/videos/comments/q5hu9/car_accident_nsfl/

Yes very sad. If you watch prior to the accident you can see they were having a hard time controlling it all the time. I'm thinking "all season" tires instead of snow tires, maybe half bald on top of it. People buy SUV's thinking that they are invincible...

Looking closely at the video, it looks like there's a small ridge of slush in the middle of the driving lane and between the two sets of lanes. It looks like the suv moved over, hit it and that sent it out of control. No snow tire in the world would have helped then. I've had this happen in front of me several times over the years but the vehicles were lucky...there was no oncoming traffic, no trees or posts...they just spun out onto the shoulder or in one case into a shallow ditch. This is a frequent problem in early winter or late spring as the snow turns to slush on the road. Low speeds and extreme care when driving is about the only prevention strategy that works. Even a full snow tire will "aquaplane" on this stuff plus the sudden extra friction on one side pulls the vehicle over sharply. What a shame...and how horrible!

Andy

Edited by darthandy
Still can't spel...

Hmmm, try a set of 4 Nokians out sometime, you may change your mind. Of course, the short wheelbase on those baby Blasers do leave a little to be desired...

Of course Andy does make a point about not driving properly for conditions! After watching the video again I saw a red car make a lane change in front of the truck the SUV tagged first. Those road conditions weren't THAT bad, I've driven in a LOT worse than that. The driver waqs having a hrad time controlling the vehicle from the get go. Either the driver was impaired or the tires were in poor condition.

Edited by bongobobny

I see it alittle different. There were atleast four variables that came together at one given point in time. Its things like this that make believe things sometimes happen for a greater reason, good or bad.

The road conditions.

Driver error, when he initially drifted to the left into the slush.

Tires...maybe (5th variable)

Vehicle two (box truck) in the exact spot to stop vehicle one from going off the right side and directing it across the center line.

The semi....

No disrespect, just how I see things.

Edited by jfoster