IGNORED

Blizzard of '93

Venturous Randy

On the local news yesterday evening, it was noted that it was 19 years ago to the day that the blizzard hit. They showed some pictures and I remember it well. We got a little over two feet of wet snow. I was in Nashville when it hit and it chased me across the state back to the north east part of the state. I would have done better if we had not stopped in Knoxville to eat. By the time we got out of the restaurant, it had snowed 4-5 inches and I was still 100 miles from home.

Speaking of 100 miles, that is about what Linda and I put on the bike yesterday, riding around in 74 to 78 degree beautiful sunshine. I liked that a lot better than trying to get around in two feet of snow and no electricity at the house and no heat.:cool10:

RandyA

For the first time I can remember..."but I do have a broken rememberer", we have had less than three feet of snow all winter. We have had the warmest winter for a very long time and are now setting all sorts of records for this time of year. More than triple the norm temps. We are actually working on getting the bikes out and this is almost unheard of for us this time of year.

There are plenty of bikes out already.....those are the guys that have garages and just have to drive em out the lucky buggers!

Ours are stored in the shed in the back yard and if the yard is not dry the bikes have to stay as we can't move them.

However, being somewhat pesimistic here....it is only March and we can get snow and lots if it well into April and even May.