IGNORED

23 Years Ago Today.....

Bobby G

.....I lost my mom to cancer. I sat up with her all night, holding her hand as she slowly slipped away, finally passing at 4am that morning, 15MAR 1989. Every year since, I stay up all night as I did that night and think of how lucky my brothers and sisters and I were to have had such wonderful parents that raised us right. Sometimes my kids would stay up all night with me and we'd tell stories and look at pictures, but they would eventually fall asleep and I would once again be alone with just my thoughts and memories. Tonight is no different, as the wife is fast asleep, and it's just me and mom. If she were here, she'd smack me upside the head and tell me to go to bed, but now I sort of get the feeling that she kind of looks forward to our once-a-year vigil on this special and sad day. I sure do miss her.

If you still have any of your parents with you, keep building some memories with them. You never know what tomorrow will bring, or how those good memories will sustain you down the road.

Time to make some hot tea and break out the picture books.......

:97:

I'm sorry for your loss, even though it was long ago. I cherish the opportunities I have with my folks and do not take it for granted. Met with a client yesterday and his mother is likely in her last days. I could see the pain in the eyes of a strong man. It will happen to me someday (at least I hope. I couldn't stand to cause her the pain of me being the first to go). Not a day I am looking forward to.

Your reminder is strong reinforcement. Thank you.

Rest peacefully - tomorrow - knowing you two were together tonight.

RR

We just had my mother's 4 year mark of her passing. It was unexpected. My Dad still talks about how much he misses her on a daily basis. In the 4 short years she has been gone she has missed her Granddaughter joining the Army, being deployed, be injured (IED) Purple Heart, Combat Action Badge, getting married and her first Great Granddaughter.

The loss never goes away. I feel your loss. I watch it in my father's eyes and hear it in his words every time I see him. I rode across town yesterday morning just to make him eggs and sausage breakfast.

I agree. If you have your parents..cherish the time. :sun:

Your Momma raised you right Bob, I can not relate to loosing a parent, I fortunately still have both of mine, but being 1500 miles from them....I sure do miss seeing them. I have been where you have with 2 of my Grandparents being there with them until they passed. As much as it hurt to have them go, I am blessed that I was able to spend every last minute they had on earth with them. I have a strong feeling you make your Mom smile this time every year :)