Does anyone have any experience with Mastertech Motorsports in San Antonio, Tx? I ask because I need a carb sync and they offered to do the sync for $65. Seemed reasonable and the gentleman I spoke with seemed to know alot about the VR. Any and all comments are welcome.

Does anyone have any experience with Mastertech Motorsports in San Antonio, Tx? I ask because I need a carb sync and they offered to do the sync for $65. Seemed reasonable and the gentleman I spoke with seemed to know alot about the VR. Any and all comments are welcome.

Don't know the dealer, but at today's shop rates $65.00 is not TOO bad for the 30 minute job.

But for the cost of the gas and fellowship, come to Doodle's MD the end of this month and get it done free. :cool10:

Don't know the dealer, but at today's shop rates $65.00 is not TOO bad for the 30 minute job.

But for the cost of the gas and fellowship, come to Doodle's MD the end of this month and get it done free. :cool10:

Oh I will be there but I need to ride the bike there and I am not sure she can make it in the present condition. Thus I wanted to get the sync done before I need to ride over 3 hours.

There could be a member in your area that has a Carb tune and would be willing to do the job for ya in trade for a DQ Blizzard.... let this post stay up a few days before you dive into having a Stealer do the work....I know there will be several Carb Tunes here at MX Day, if it can wait...

Kreg

Oh I will be there but I need to ride the bike there and I am not sure she can make it in the present condition. Thus I wanted to get the sync done before I need to ride over 3 hours.

I know there will be several Carb Tunes here at MX Day, if it can wait...

Kreg

Sign me up for a carb tune. Just got back from an 50 mile ride and the bike runs fine above 4k RPM, with choke the bottom end it is fine until it hits 4k rpm. I would say my backfire seems to be from a lean condition below 4K rpm.

Would the idle air screws help with richening up the bottom end? I think I am sitting at about three turns out due to a rich start smell but I believe I have solved that problem.

Keep in mind I am running the Mark's Pipe collector and a holey airbox, plus now the emmision hoses are pulling in fresh filtered air. I am thinking of turning the screws down to about 1.5 - 2 turns out.

Oh great Gurus of the Black Art of Carbs I beseech your wisdom.

Mike,

I dont think a carb sync is going to fix all that, it will help smooth the bike out and let the idle come down quicker. If you have an airbox full of holes that could be a major culprit right off. Has the bikes carbs been re jetted? if not, the holes will screw up the air flow and can give you fits. Take some duct tape and cover the additional holes in the airbox. We can check the float levels with them on the bike at Doodles MD and see where they are. 2 turns out on the air/fuel mix screws is a good start point, try covering those holes 1st though.

You will be ok riding the bike to the maintenance day. Syncing the cards only will affect the motor at idle or just above. It will idle smoother after the sync, and won't pop when you close the throttle when slowing down.

Mike,

I dont think a carb sync is going to fix all that, it will help smooth the bike out and let the idle come down quicker. If you have an airbox full of holes that could be a major culprit right off. Has the bikes carbs been re jetted? if not, the holes will screw up the air flow and can give you fits. Take some duct tape and cover the additional holes in the airbox. We can check the float levels with them on the bike at Doodles MD and see where they are. 2 turns out on the air/fuel mix screws is a good start point, try covering those holes 1st though.

I had a spare airbox ( No holes) lying around so I put it on the bike and took another 50 mile run after I set idle screws at two turns out. Runs a little better but still getting popping under accel and while at steady throttle. Majority of the noise seems to be on the low end; however it is struggling a bit to get up to redline (just not as peppy). Going out to change the plugs and give it the Spring oil change. Don't think this will change anything but just want to make sure in the off chance I have a fouled plug or two.

Edited by MikeZ06Allen