IGNORED

bad carb

bike nut

I took my bike out of storage today.I installed new plugs and synced the carbs.The problem i am having is the no.4 carb is not in line with the other three on the guages.When i am riding through town the bike smokes really bad.When I go onto the highway it smokes for a mile or so and runs great.I just put seafoam in the tank and am taking it out right away.I sure hope that fixes it.It never did that last year.I rebuilt the carbs 2 years aga.The cylinder is getting spark so it must be a fuel issue.Any advice would sure be nice.:(

Use the whole can of seafoam in about 1\2 tank, take it out for a few miles, let it sit overnight, run it for a few miles again, let it sit, run the tank empty, fill with fresh gas, change the plugs and then get back to us.

You might also change the plug on #4 to start with, might help as well.

If you had Sea Foam in the fuel during storage, and then added more, you will probably be blowing a grayish vapor from the Sea Foam. It seems to clear up a bit when the motor warms up.

I got used to the cloud in my garage after the first couple years of that. Kinda had me worried for a while until I figured out what was happening.

And as said, after you get the heavy dose of SF out cleaning the plugs will be needed. I usually change my plugs in the spring after I get those first two tanks run out.

Mike

Thanks guys.It makes perfect sence.When I took it to the highway,it smoked and then cleared up.I then had power like a rocket.I will try it again in the morning.I added the whole can of seafoam.That is awesome stuff.