IGNORED

Flag Holder

dacheedah

Ok , this all started when I put on my R-Mark hitch, the hitch by the way was shipped quickly, has very good instructions and looks awesome. A buddy stopped over to look at the hitch and said I should make a flag holder that to slip in the hitch. We started talking and as things go pieces were cut, we went and used a welder and anyways here is the results . . . I realize this ain't that pretty but I rode from Kankakee to the South Side Irish Parade. Clipped on Ole Glory and it worked very well.picture.php?albumid=1016&pictureid=6379picture.php?albumid=1016&pictureid=6380

Looks good

A flag holder is on my winter to do list.

I was going to do a single holder but then another member suggested that I make it a triple.

So far I only have these CAD drawings.

I was going to retain the mast with a pin or bolt.

On the triple the outer two sockets are angled a little back so that the outer flags will be lower and behind the center flag.

Now I just need time to do it.

we had some 1/2" bolts, cut the head and threads with an angle and they welded up fine. I was origionally going to put a solid gusset on but the bolt ended up working better. Most I have spoken to either put a pin or bungie from the pole to the base. I was thinking of pin but I spoke to a guy last weekend that said he had one pinned and got hung up on a on a low hanging branch or something and felt it was a safety issue and wanted it to have the ability to seperate without too much force without bending the pole or pulling the bike over. I'll stay with the bungie. I do like the cad drawing and idea of three. I also probably would give it a little less angle. . .

The tube is 1 1/4" with 1/8" walls

Plate is 3/8 and 8 x 8

The Pipe is 1 1/4" and about 12" long

I have my angles at 15* for the single and center and at 20* for the 2 outer.

I was almost wondering if that was not enough angle.

At 15* I do not thing the pole would pull out it it hit something.

I was going to use 1" electrical conduit x 7 foot long for the flag pole. this would allow a 3' x 5' flag to not drag on the ground. I think that if the conduit hit something it would bend before taking down the bike.