IGNORED

Getting a vision

waterbug

I put a deposit on a new 2010 demo bike some exec at victory had today so I'm selling my venture or going to trade her. I have loved this bike since I first seen it and it's either a love it or hate it bike. I have yet to talk to one person who has one that has a bad word to say about them. I still plan on getting on here when I can since I'm busy now that I have custody of the kids and getting them straightened out! But it's getting better!

They are really nice bikes but the lack the one essential element of happy riding.....the cassette tape player. Whatever are you going to do without it.:rotf::rotfl:

Good luck I hear they are great motorcycles.

I have test rode them a couple times. I really liked it once was moving, really heavy for me in the slow parking lot stuff. For me #1 Cross country #2 my RSV #3 Vision. Happy trails.

you ride an RSV and a vision is heavy for you at slow speeds in parking lot?

ya... that got me to wondering too. I test rode a Vision a couple years back and the first thing I did was see how it handled in the parking lot... wayyyyyy easier than the RSV was.. for me at least.

The CCT would be my 1st choice tho

+1. I rode a Vision when they first came out. Wasn't keen on the looks, but I loved the way it rode and handled, especially at low speeds! I'd have bought it if Momma had been happy on the back seat......Very nice bike. Congrats and enjoy!

+1. I rode a Vision when they first came out. Wasn't keen on the looks, but I loved the way it rode and handled, especially at low speeds! I'd have bought it if Momma had been happy on the back seat......Very nice bike. Congrats and enjoy!

But how would it look triked :think::scratchchin:

Might have to ask the dealer sat when I go look at it if he can put a tape deck in it just to see what he say! I haven't rode one yet but have been watching them for a while. I have to drive 6 hours to canton Ohio for this one but they are making me a killer deal. Thanks everyone and I will try to keep up with how I like it on here!:fingers-crossed-emo

Yea I know sounds off a tad huh. The RSV is heavy too. I have lowered the front to help with that issue. I guess I should qualify my statement. When I got to the test ride the wife and I had just got of our then bike a VN900 Kawaskai. So you can sort of see why it felt heavy. Not saying the RSV aint by any means. I wish I could still get more comfortable at lower speeds on this thing. I feel like I'm close to dropping it alot. Those Vic's are amazing at highway speeds. We got seperated on the ride and had to catch up to the rest of the group. 80 in 4th on interstate was not even breathing hard for this thing.

But how would it look triked :think::scratchchin:

Well gosh Ollie, I dunno? (Actually the "crossbow" from Lehman looks, IMHO better than the bike by itself:whistling:. Man, I HATE getting old 'n crusty. I NEVER thought I'd go with a trike and now I'm very anxious for it to get here. It's like my uncle (who's now 98!) said a number of years ago, EVERYBODY'S going to get old if they live long enough!:rotf:

I made my drive 5 hours to look and ride the bike. I have to say it looks much better in person with all the extra stuff they put on her! I took her for a ride alone and with my better half and it is alot easy to handle at low speed and feels so much lighter. My better half gets beat up on the venture at highway speed and when we took the vision out she said with her helmet on she didnt get the wind around her head like on the venture. We dont have the seat room like on the venture but give up one for a number of other things. The only thing they have to do is put my air box on I had them throw in when it comes in. I had them throw in a Ness air box along with the 5 yr wrty and lower the price. Wish i coulda got more out of the bike but it did lower my tax rate for indiana home of the taxes! They put alot of chrome on it and when they put the chrome caps on the brake stuff and got some air in it so they have to bleed the lines. Nothing like riding and hit the rear brakes and they go rite to the floor board. Its a pain in the butt to bleed ABS brakes so they can do it. Just have to decide if I am going to ride over and trade out or trailer mine over and the new one back. Hopefully they will have my parts in this week and I can maybe take a day off and make the run over.

I will let you know how it all works out and how she is doing when I put some milles on her! I am sure I will see some out there from time to time.:fingers-crossed-emo

haven"t ridden a Vision yet but I was incredibly impressed with how well balanced the weight is on all the Victory machines. The bikes weight was never an after thought. Its center or gravity feels very low and it makes the bike feel so much lighter than their stated weight.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok sorry the kids have had me busy every night and I haven't had time to get on here much. I have to say the new vision is awesome and I am still learning things. I will tell you a few things I really like so far. The best thing is it feels so light compared to the venture! This bike has the integrated GPS so my zummo goes rite in and it's just like a car and goes threw the speakers,the iPod is integrated and my controls on the handle bars and tank control it and charge it and the screen tells me what's playing. I have XM on the bike also and ou need it or the iPod because the antenna is really bad on this bike and only about 4 in tall underneath the windshield. I haven't used the CB or intercom yet so I can't say how it is. The heated seats and grips have been great when I ride to work and it 37 in the morning. I did lose storage in the bags but the trunk is bigger. I have the hid lights and the xenon head light and man it lights up the road! The dash is real cool at night and I have the light up bangs on the side so the light up also. I have the lower deflectors and the are a must the keep the cold air off and really cool you down riding when its hot. The engine is clattery but have been told its because it echoes up threw the plastic and stuff more than the other victorys. I have found a lot of info on vision riders and a few other sites that are great. I Guess you can do some mods to this motor and easily be getting 115 hp and 115 torque. I will try to post some pictures when I get around to taking some. Ride safe everyone!