IGNORED

Pacific Northwest - Carb Sync Tool

StarUmp

Is there anyone in the Pacific Northwest, hopefully along the I-5 corridor, that has carb sync equipment? Tuning my 99 RSV and just can't spend the hundred bucks right now to buy my own. I'd donate to the cause for your help. Oh, I'm in the Portland area, but willing to ride to where you are.

Thanks,

George

You guys and this carb sync thing....Jeeez!! It is so fast AND easy AND inexpensive AND simple anyone can do it! I learned from the masters here on this site and I am going to post a pic of my gizmo for you. The full instructions and pictures of sync screw locations for the various models are already on the site so I am not gonna beat that horse, suffice it to say that $5 worth of tubing from your local DIY store, and some old oil or tranny fluid and you have it. I drilled some holes in a board and some bread tie wire to hold the tubes but you could glue it or use clips to hold it. Warm up the bike good first, turn it off, hook the hoses to the vacuum ports, fire it up and level the fluid in the tubes, vary the throttle and adjust until the fluid returns to level at any stable setting not accel or deceling and no choke. Usually only three screws to mess with and they don't need much adjustment after you have done this once. Next step is kick yourself in the ass for avoiding something so easy and one of the things that makes all the difference in the world how your scoot runs. Last step, kick back, fire up a good stoogie, pop the top on your brew, and pat yourself on the back for a good job and saving yourself a pile of dough. Thanks again to all the guys on this site who make this easy!