IGNORED

how to lift a bike with a floor jack?

I want to lift the rear end up an inch to spine the back wheel. Last night while coming home, the back wheel actually felt like, the tire was wobbling from side to side. want to but in neutral and spine the tire, and check to see, if the tire has failed

If you don't have a conventional mc/atv jack and/or a lift adpter then you could use a regular floor jack. With the bike on it's side stand put the jack under the rearward most crossbar on the frame. Jack the bike up just enough to be able to spin the wheel. The bike will be balanced on three points at this time. Front wheel, side stand, and the jack.

Larry

follow up on the bike life, I added a few pieces of plywood to the underside of the kickstand, to better support, the bike when its lifted, I used a car jack, on the right side, as far back as i could go. You know your off the ground when the handle bars, swing to the locked position, even tho the back is not out the ground, Now simple, push up on the bottom of your trailer hitch, or saddle backs bottom, if you don't have a hitch, the back tire comes off the ground.

So, anyway, I spun, the back tire, no noise, of un evenness in the tire, back fine, as far as I can tell. for the heck of it, I spun, the front, and to my surprise, the brakes were, hitting the rotor, slight, drag, more so on the right side.

Okay, How do I fix?

After I changed oil in mine I positioned a jack stand on the right saddlebag crash bar so when I stood it up I couldnt go "overcenter" when checking the oil level. just a saftey precaution on my part.

Did you check the tire pressure in the rear? If its low, it will feel wobbly like you describe. Sometimes its just the simple stuff. Check the front tire pressure too.

As far as the brake drag on the front rotors is it alot or just a little? a little drag as in you can hear the pads touching as the wheel spins but it doesn't really slow the wheel down is normal.

Be better if you can get the bike in the air level and spin the front wheel and apply the brake a few times to check. Might just need to clean and flush the brake fluid. If your fluid is low, might be time for new pads.

You can use a jack stand under each one of the rear passenger floor boards, depending on the style of jack stand you have. I put the stand under the bolt that holds the rear floor board on with the floor board folded up. I adjust the stand height and lean the bike up from the side stand on to the jack stand under the right rear floor board first. Then slide the other stand in under the left rear floor board pivot bolt. If its adjusted right you will have to slightly lift to take the weight off the suspension to the get the left stand in underneath. If the stands are set the same the bike will be level. this is how I level it to change oil.

You can then use your floor jack to lift the front enought to spin the tire. You can only lift it a little bit set up like this.

RSTDdog