IGNORED

Maiden Voyage

Rosie1965

Took the Venture for it's maiden ride today and was impressed. After spending the last week working bugs out of it, all went well.

I found myself searching for another gear but that's out of habit. I know the nature of this beast is it likes rpm's. Acceleration was impressive for a bike this size, especially when pushing to 7k before shifting.

The ride was very comfortable. It was only 50 degrees and I had a side wind gusting to 30 mph so I couldn't be too judgmental.

Still need to change the thermostat and do a little polishing.

Think I'm going to de-link the brakes. Personal preference, please don't flame me.

Couple of questions:

Does the CB antenna also work for the radio too? I was able to play the radio in the garage but was cutting in and out on road. The antenna was missing when I purchased it.

Are there any external parts on the carbs that would be affected by carb cleaner? Would like to clean them up a little before re installing the plastic.

Thanks,

Steve

The stock antenna is for both the radio and CB and has a splitter on the CB side inside the fairing. Many, including me, have done the Marshall mode and installed separate antennas. This has worked much better for me. I first bought an OEM antenna and the CB was still spotty. Once I installed the two antennas (firestick on the CB), it's worked great.

Also an issue with the radio, the radio connector is on the bottom of the radio and sets down into the matching portion. Over time the the connector in the left fairing tends to sag a bit and good contact isn't made, resulting in the radio cutting in and out. Something more for you to check out.

Dave