IGNORED

Red Turn Signals and Lift

lshafer

I'm in the market to make a couple of purchases and I wondering if the fine folks of this outstanding forum would be willing to point me in the right direction.

First, I'd like to purchase some red 'bullet' lenses for my rear turn signals. I've seen them around in some pictures but I don't know where poeple have been getting them. A little guidence would be great.

Second, I'd like to buy a decent lift for my RSTD. I think I read somewhere that Harbor Freight Tools sells one. Is it decent and worth the money? If not, suggestions please.

Thanks everyone.

Les

I've got the Harbor Freight hydraulic lift and the ProCycle DT.

Both of them have needed some minor tweaks because the made in China quality control isn't stellar. On balance I think the ProCycle is the better value.

The ProCycle has an L shaped clamp that makes it simpler to load the motorcycle without help tying it down. The drawback is the height of the L clamp won't let you load a motorcycle with a low fender or bags (Venture) backward.

Generally I use the ProCycle and only use the Harbor Freight for light bikes or when I need to work on the front of something like the Venture.

The ProCycle DT is HERE. The Blackjack 1000 is worth its weight in gold - pop the extra $$.

http://venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44240 I did this awhile ago. It may halp you.

bj, thanks for the reply. I've looked at your post and actucally that where I got the idea (thanks a lot, by the way. It seems like every time I look at this site I end up buying something). Anyway, I clicked on the link contained in the thread, I believe it was for crazybikerusa.com or something, and got nowhere. I can't seem to find those lenses anywhere. Any help would be great.

The Sears red lift seems to be a good one that is frequently on sale. I've had one for many years.

Are you talking about the Craftsman model. It looks like it would hold the weight of these bikes and is on sale for a little over $100 right now. Thoughts?

I have the yellow Harbor Freight lift, el cheapo, but does the job. I also bought a bracket to work with the lift off Ebay, as the motor sits below the frame.

As for the red turn signals I just swap out the rear lollypops for front signals and tied into the wires so I can have running lights in the back. Got the red lenses from Kuryakun Yammie dealer here carries them for $7.50 for the pair.

The Sears Craftsman jacks do a very good job. I've had mine for 11 years now and it lifts my 1250 lb trike with no problem.

Another consideration when buying a lift is the length of the lifting arms. Some Harbor Freight jacks only have a 12" lift arm on them. The frames on these bikes are about 12 1/4 " wide so you can see there's very little margin for error in centering them under the bikes frame.

Larry

bj, thanks for the reply. I've looked at your post and actucally that where I got the idea (thanks a lot, by the way. It seems like every time I look at this site I end up buying something). Anyway, I clicked on the link contained in the thread, I believe it was for crazybikerusa.com or something, and got nowhere. I can't seem to find those lenses anywhere. Any help would be great.

Crazybikerusa is an EBAY store I just googled it and it came up for me. Here is where it took me.

http://stores.ebay.com/Crazy-Biker-powered-by-JTpro.

I just looked at my post, and it wont show the link. I googled crazybikerusa. It took me to an ebay online store. You can find them on there. Still about 20 bucks with free shipping.......