IGNORED

Raod King mufflers on an 83 Venture

bike nut

I am installing Road King mufflers on my 83 Venture Royale.I had no trouble getting exhaust pipes between the muffler and the manifold.My question is does anyone know a way to fab the rear brackets?I have an idea but am looking for other options.Also can the mufflers be drilled out or will it cause problems?With the new mufflers on it sounds pretty good but is still quiet.If they can be drilled out,what is the best way?Any help would be much appreciated.:fingers-crossed-emo

I am installing Road King mufflers on my 83 Venture Royale.I had no trouble getting exhaust pipes between the muffler and the manifold.My question is does anyone know a way to fab the rear brackets?I have an idea but am looking for other options.Also can the mufflers be drilled out or will it cause problems?With the new mufflers on it sounds pretty good but is still quiet.If they can be drilled out,what is the best way?Any help would be much appreciated.:fingers-crossed-emo

send painterman a msg, I saw where he had done that swap on his 86(?)

Brian

I don't know about a bracket for the 83.I did install Road Kings on my 86 without any brackets.i took out the rear bolt holding the saddle bags on and replaced the metric with a longer standard bolt.I screwed the bolt straight into the threaded bracket on the road kings.i drilled out the RK mufflers but they are still not much louder than the stock but they do have a little rumble to them.

I finally finished installing the pipes on my Venture.There isnt alot of room so it was http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg497/kpdyck/104.jpga tricky job.I am trying to put pics on the site so bare with me.

Edited by bike nut