IGNORED

Zumo 665 install

54chevybelair

I am going to add a Zumo 665 to my 2004 RSV this spring. I wish to plug this into the aux of the radio. My question is can I unplug the the connection from the back of the cassette and plug it directly into the Zumo wire harness. I don't need any other aux inputs or the cassette player? Thanks for your help.

Depends what you want to do with it. If you only want to pipe the directions and/or XM/MP3 to the helmet, you just need a Y cable. If you want to integrate your phone via bluetooth, you will need the BuddyRich cable. The BR cable allows the microphone from your headset to connect back into the Zumo.

Either way - please post pictures once installed.

RR

Thanks for the responses. I don't use any helmet speakers, just the bike speakers. At this point my voicemail can handle any incoming calls while I am riding. The only thing I want to do is play mp3's, XM and the spoken directions all through the bike speakers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the splitter just to have another location to plug something into the aux? I'm not familiar with the buddyrich cable, is this just to use a helmet speaker/mic set?

Thanks again for the responses. I should have explained my question better in the first post. the Zummo 665 has a MP3 player as well as a XM receiver. I can't imagine why I would need to plug in anything else. I will keep the buddyrich cable in mind if I ever decide to get headsets.

• 2 weeks later...

I called my local Radio Shack to see if they carried a male to male 3.5 mm coupler. He told me the only way to accomplish this was to by 2 male to female couplers and put them together. What????? I saw plenty of them online. Tomorrow when I get out of work I will stop at a couple stores and if I can’t find it, I will just order one. Thanks again Freebird.

Sounds like he doesn't know his products very well. I've bought several of them at Radio Shack. Last time I was there, they didn't have the 3' one though, only one that was 6'. I saw some 3' ones at Best Buy the other night. Sorry, I said Walmar earlier but it was actually Best Buy.

I am very fortunate that my local Radio Shack has a compent guy working there. Joe is a good guy and usually if I tell him what I'm looking for or sometimes what I'm trying to do he hooks me right up. I have been there when the "kids" are working. NOT A CLUE. If its cell phone or bluetooth or latest gadget they can tell you how it works. Old school stuff not a clue. If you look the part number up ahead of time and call they can look it up an make sure they have it I'm pretty sure.

I bought just the ends I needed and used some speaker wire I had laying around and made some plug in's I needed on my old scoot.

Edited by djh3