IGNORED

How Dirty! (connector)

As some of you know that I am in the middle of a HO Stator up-grade and today I was prepping the Stator Wires to Solder, But my thought was why did Yamaha place this Connetor in the most DIRTY Weatherd, Oily, Messy Spot on the bike ?.. I just can not get over how much grime and dirt was ON and IN the Connector when I cut it off. There is no way I would ever put a conneter back into that spot agian... If I knew this in the past I would have already got rid of the connector on the stock stator and hard wired it. what a MESS.

This has to wreck havic on the charging system I would think. maybe Goose can chime in about this? I also am replacing the R/R as well and that connect was also very dirty. not as bad though.

Jeff

Well I use to work with an electrician on airplanes in the service, and as he would say "sometimes it just dont make good sense". To hazard a guess it must have something to do with A:ease of assembly of the engine/bike B;part was previously made and subsequently used because it was on hand. C: Sperm whale theroy