IGNORED

89 VR on Judge Joe Brown

KarlS

Guy put in a AGM battery and sold the VR to a guy and told him the battery light was on because the sensor wire didn't work with a AGM battery. (which we all know is correct) Seems after a couple months the new owner took the bike to a dealer and the dealer told him the light was on because the stator is bad and it would cost $1800.00 to fix.. The new owner even has the sensor in his hand in front of the Judge. Judge Joe Brown looked at the picture of the bike and knew where the stator is located and said it can't cost that much to change. Well the new owner was trying to get the $1800.00 from the old owner to repair the bike. It ended up the new owner really wanted the money to go by a Harley that his wife wanted.. The Judge denied the new owner any money and told him he had a nice cruiser and should ride it and if he didn't like it go by a Harley. Surprised me how much Judge Joe Brown knew about the Venture.

Well I'm suing all you guys for letting me use non-OEM front fork seals on my bike. You knew I shouldn't and didn't physically stop me! So, it's all your fault. I didn't know better, but you did. You all owe me !!!

See you in court !!!!!...:rasberry:

:rotf:

Sorry...couldn't help myself...

Guy put in a AGM battery and sold the VR to a guy and told him the battery light was on because the sensor wire didn't work with a AGM battery. (which we all know is correct) Seems after a couple months the new owner took the bike to a dealer and the dealer told him the light was on because the stator is bad and it would cost $1800.00 to fix.. The new owner even has the sensor in his hand in front of the Judge. Judge Joe Brown looked at the picture of the bike and knew where the stator is located and said it can't cost that much to change. Well the new owner was trying to get the $1800.00 from the old owner to repair the bike. It ended up the new owner really wanted the money to go by a Harley that his wife wanted.. The Judge denied the new owner any money and told him he had a nice cruiser and should ride it and if he didn't like it go by a Harley. Surprised me how much Judge Joe Brown knew about the Venture.

They are all briefed on this stuff beforehand so the Judge can't make himself look clueless .... geeeesh do you really believe live shows are actually "that live" .... this is stuff on TV folks ... they can make it look like anything they want by the time we see it .... would love to see the "cutting room floor" on this stuff...

SCENE: Judge Joe Brown is presented with the case.... he reads it over and asks ... "Venture .... since when did Harley make a model called Venture"

Holy crap!!! .... ya can't allow that bleep to appear on national TV now can ya ....

:Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh: :Laugh:

(just funnin with yas)

I have a guy attempting to bring me to court in small claims in Ohio over a 34 year old bike that had been setting for 18 months that I sold to him on ebay with an as iss and no warranty stated in bold letters. I told him it hadn't been ridin for a long time and as far as I knew the only things wrong were speedometer cable and it needed a new clutch cable. Well he took it home and after a month of riding it got hot so he had it towed to a dealer and it was low on water. He asked them to do an inspection and they came back ans said it needed $1700 woth of repairs. he said they told him it had the wrong clutch cable, wrong brake cables (which it has brake lines) and went on and on with little things. Shifter seal was leaking they said. I had put a new stator in it and he said the stealer told him that it charged fine but was not a new one which I am not sure how they would know but it was a new one. Anyway he sent me a certified letter showing CC to his lawyers asking for $850 towarsds the repairs. I told the guy I would do him one better and that if he gave me back the bike I would give him back his money but he wouldn't have anything to do with that so I told him to go ---- himself.

I told him I could make $2000 or more by parting it out. Here are a couple of pictures of the bike Thes picture were taken the day before he came and got it. I had just rode the thing on a 6000 miles trip out west before I parked it and bought my Venture.

Forgot to add I sold the bike for $1400

Well I'm suing all you guys for letting me use non-OEM front fork seals on my bike. You knew I shouldn't and didn't physically stop me! So, it's all your fault. I didn't know better, but you did. You all owe me !!!

I give! :crying: The checks in the mail! :whistling:

I have a guy attempting to bring me to court in small claims in Ohio over a 34 year old bike that had been setting for 18 months that I sold to him on ebay with an as iss and no warranty stated in bold letters. I told him it hadn't been ridin for a long time and as far as I knew the only things wrong were speedometer cable and it needed a new clutch cable. Well he took it home and after a month of riding it got hot so he had it towed to a dealer and it was low on water. He asked them to do an inspection and they came back ans said it needed $1700 woth of repairs. he said they told him it had the wrong clutch cable, wrong brake cables (which it has brake lines) and went on and on with little things. Shifter seal was leaking they said. I had put a new stator in it and he said the stealer told him that it charged fine but was not a new one which I am not sure how they would know but it was a new one. Anyway he sent me a certified letter showing CC to his lawyers asking for $850 towarsds the repairs. I told the guy I would do him one better and that if he gave me back the bike I would give him back his money but he wouldn't have anything to do with that so I told him to go ---- himself.

I told him I could make $2000 or more by parting it out. Here are a couple of pictures of the bike Thes picture were taken the day before he came and got it. I had just rode the thing on a 6000 miles trip out west before I parked it and bought my Venture.

Forgot to add I sold the bike for $1400

CCing a lawyer (usually fictitious) is a typical scare tactic. If there was going to be any lawsuit the letter would either have been direct from his lawyer or it would have contained the appropriate court documents. The guy was bluffing IMO.

That said, you may have excluded such details from your post but you did exactly what I would have done "told him to go ---- himself" except I wouldn't have offered to buy the bike back but I would have added "see you in court ... a--hole".

CCing a lawyer (usually fictitious) is a typical scare tactic. If there was going to be any lawsuit the letter would either have been direct from his lawyer or it would have contained the appropriate court documents. The guy was bluffing IMO.

That said, you may have excluded such details from your post but you did exactly what I would have done "told him to go ---- himself" except I wouldn't have offered to buy the bike back but I would have added "see you in court ... a--hole".

Yea I know it was a scare tactic he said he would sue me and I toldhim to go ahead. he called me all kinds of names an threatened me. it really was a joke.

Yea I know it was a scare tactic he said he would sue me and I toldhim to go ahead. he called me all kinds of names an threatened me. it really was a joke.

I have no patience for people like that. Threaten me??? I double-dog dare ya. I got yer address buddy .... what hospital would you like the ambulance to take you to?

LOL

it must be Friday... I am feeling frisky :big-grin-emoticon:

Give us your wifes cell number and we will take care of things!!:whistling: