IGNORED

Getting the old girl ready for spring'

Hi all, been a member for awhile now, and lot's of great info.

I have an 86 Venture, and have a few questions as I'm gettin the old girl ready for another summer of touring.

Tires- I'm looking at putting a set of Dunlop Elite 3'2 on, anyone else have these and how are they? I ride alot of 2-up, but like to scrape the pegs once in awhile too.

Carbs- Time to rebuild, I notice the lh rear is wet, and the performance/mileage seems off. Is there anyone who offers a rebuild kit? I've read alot about changing the diaphrams, but most are old posts. Is there somewhere I can buy diaphram kits without breaking the bank?

How do I get the map with the diff color provinces and states of where you've ridden? I've looked everywhere. (off topic I know, but I think it's cool)

Thanks everyone, just read the post about the maintenance day and I'm gonna talk to the wife about makin another road trip, maybe we'll see some of you there.

Tires: I use Bridgestone Spitfire IIs ... they are fine

Carb kits from ebay and some parts from Sirius

Diaphragms from Sirius ... They only need to be changed if they are hard, or have holes. Don't forget the Air Cut-Off Valves ($17 Sirius)

States Visited Maps:

http://epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/

Sirius:

http://www.siriusconinc.com/

• 1 year later...

Another fan of E-3's here, they wear like iron!

To properly rebuild your carbs it will cost a fair amount. There is an excellent DVD that sometimes appears on Fleabay concerning rebuilding your carbs the right way. They are actually about VMax carbs but Venture carbs are the same basically. Unfortunately there is no kit you can buy...