IGNORED

Getting close..........

DragonRider

Only 3 more days of work then Charlene and I are off to New Orleans to board the Carnival Conquest for our very first cruise. We cant wait to get on board. Everybody that we know raves about cruises. We are taking 3 excursions, all waterborne, not taking any land trips, want to get as much sea and sand as I can, because I have never seen or been on a beach or in such clear water as I have seen in the pictures and vids. Looking forward to snorkeling and taking some underwater pics with my new underwater camera. If anyone here has been on the Carnival Conquest, I would love to hear your review on it.

I will be posting some new St. Jude auctions before I leave so you guys can have fun bidding on them. It will be a big surprise to see how much money you guys throw at these auctions while I am gone. Will be back online on Feb. 22.

We have only been on one cruise, it was with Royal Caribbean and was a 2 week cruise around Italy. Ten ports with too many sights and too many things to do but none the less a GREAT 2 weeks ( 664 pictures ) plus just sitting on the balcony outside our stateroom at night with a beverage of choice just cannot be beat.

If you're going to be on the ship most of the time, I can guarantee you will increase your belt size. The food is abundant, very tasty and really hard to not over eat. We only ate once at the sit-down be served dinner because we couldn't make the designated times ( actually, didn't want to) so we ate at the buffet after a couple cocktails on the balcony.

Are you doing the Cayman Island, Jamaica and Cozumel. If so in Cozumel just do the shopping and looking around because after the other 2 ports there is nothing beach wise in Cozumel worth going to. Beaches in the Cayman Islands are awesome. Never been on that ship but have cruised with carnival 5 times over the last 10 years

Have a great time

Rick

I can't speak out of experience from Carnival, but I can second the info that Hummingbird indicated.

Took a family cruise (5 night western Carib) last January aboard Royal Carib's NAVIGATOR. The first thing that will blow you away is the sheer size of those ships. They're simply enormous. Too bad the bowels of the ship (engine/propulsion, etc etc) are off limits, cuz my brother and dad and I would like to have seen some of that stuff.

You will not want for food.

One thing that particularly impressed me was the overall condition and cleanliness of the ship- they have folks cleaning and polishing and spitshining more or less 24 hours a day. It's that nice.

Our cruise only had 2 ports of call (Georgetown, Grand Cayman and Cozumel Mexico). The water is nothing short of stunning in person. Both in temperature (it was a lot colder than I expected) and visual appeal. I'd have to tip my hat in favor of the (water) color at port in Cozumel. Incredible.

I'm not sure how quick I'd be to book another cruise in the immediate future (number of circumstances/reasons behind that), but for most folks it's something they'll rave about for a good long time. Enjoy your trip.... bon voyadgee!

Last Sept I asked my wife, Kerrie, if she wanted to spend a month on the RSV going on Run For The Wall again or would she rather go on a 15 day Panama canal cruise so I guess we are off the FL to start our trip.

Cruising is a great wat to loose some money :mo money:and gain so weight.

Have fun.:dancefool: