captdrac

I can see this going the way of an oil or Dyna Beads thread.

Not an engineer but I think the main difference between say the copper-Platinum-Irridium plugs is life span. The top two may have somewhat of a better burning spark. Milage gains, dont think I would be looking for anything worth changing plugs just to "gain" mpg. I know some folks that work on race engines and last year when I was getting ready to change plugs they told me to definatly stay away from the "gimik" plugs. The E-3, split fire and the like. I have personnaly used split fires and they worked good in some things and others they killed the coils. I had them in an FJ1200 motor used for racing and it killed the coils. Coincidence? Maybe but I aint going to try again. From my short time here I have gathered most of the guys will probably tell you stay with the OEM make of plugs.

Iridium or Platinum will both work fine. I am running the Iridium in my '99 and have seen absolutely no difference in the way it performs or in fuel usage. They cost more and are supposed to last longer but to be honest, the Platinums last as long as I want to leave a set of plugs in. I would recommend that you save the money and just use the Platinums.

Iridium or Platinum will both work fine. I am running the Iridium in my '99 and have seen absolutely no difference in the way it performs or in fuel usage. They cost more and are supposed to last longer but to be honest, the Platinums last as long as I want to leave a set of plugs in. I would recommend that you save the money and just use the Platinums.

I second that one. I am a service tech in a Ford stealership and find plugs (other than copper) will last longer than u want to leave them in there. If you want to use the same plugs for next forever at least remove them every couple of years and recoat them with antisieze and reinstall to prevent siezing into the alluminum heads.

OH YEA big 10-4 on anti sieze. I just did the plugs in the wife Durango. 110K I had one so locked up inthe head it broke off everything but the threads. Had to ez-out, then chase the threads. What a mess.

Glad I was right on the recomendation thing. Whats your take on the plugs like the Bosch double platinum or platinum 4 type withe the gaps you dont set and oposing electrods. I'm still undecided. Dont know if its just an expensive "gimick" plug or if they work.

I'm on the 2nd set of NGK Iridiums for my 06. Pulled the 1st set out when I hit the 60K mark....and those looked as good as the day they were installed.:cool10:

I can't speak as to better mileage because I don't really track gas mileage per se.

Performance-wise I am very happy with the Iridiums but that's just ME....What kind of plugs you use is a PERSONAL decision the same as what type of oil you use in your scoot, the brand of tires you run, and what type/style exhaust slip-on's are installed, and the use-frequency of SeaFoam in de gas tank.

Boomer....who sez dat's his story and he's sticking wit it.:rotf:

OH YEA big 10-4 on anti sieze. I just did the plugs in the wife Durango. 110K I had one so locked up inthe head it broke off everything but the threads. Had to ez-out, then chase the threads. What a mess.

Glad I was right on the recomendation thing. Whats your take on the plugs like the Bosch double platinum or platinum 4 type withe the gaps you dont set and oposing electrods. I'm still undecided. Dont know if its just an expensive "gimick" plug or if they work.

i read your nightmare thread. bad luck or what! Iprefer the OEM and change them evey two seasons of riding