IGNORED

Major turn up time

captdrac

Hey guys, need info/help. I'm gonna split these up in seperate threads so as to not confuse anyone (myself). #1 Other than a dealer, what would be other good places to purchase bearsings (wheel, steering, swingarm), and gaskets for my 07 Venture?

Most of the bearings are standard stock at most bearing houses.When I did my 1st gen I went to Kaman bearings with the old wheel bearings and seals and they were able to match them. The only bearing I could not get and that was the needle bearing which is proprietry to Yamaha.

Now unless you have well over 100,000 miles on that bike I can't imagine that you would need to replace all those bearings. The only bearings I would consider replacing at this point would be the steering head bearings and only because it is so much work to get in there to grease them.All the rest are fairly easy to get to and should just be greased unless you are having trouble now.

No problem w/ the front wheel bearings and will have the forks off to inspect the steering head bearings tommorw. Put on a few miles this year (over 12,000) and started getting a little shimmy in the front.

If you're getting a shimmy, I doubt it is the wheel bearings. More than likely, it is tires (are you still on the stock Brickstones?). Perhaps the steering head bearings are loose. Fairly common.

Swingarm bearings? Very unlikely and a real bear to replace.

However, it did remind me that I need to get mine out and inspect them this year. (Groan - something else to do).

RR